Friday, May 24, 2013

Friday. Long Hard Week. Glad It's Over.

I could probably just post the title, and it would explain my week!

I'm exhausted.  Absolutely exhausted.  It's been very stressful and tiring, and I am really glad that it's Friday.  And that I have a 3-day weekend.

From Sunday and Monday's reminders of why the name Tornado Alley is appropriate, to the fact that my allergies have been on overload and the fact that I'm a redhead and we don't have enough iron on a good, non-stressful day all add up to one thing:  TEEEIRED.
 
I'm anticipating allergies being an issue for a long time, the ragweed is already showing up and it shouldn't be here for 2 or 3 months yet.  It rained most of yesterday, so Bill took advantage of the cleaner air and opened up the house.  As a result, we all slept better last night and woke up breathing easier.  But today was warm and dryer, so the windows are back to being shut and the fans are out of the windows.  But it was nice while it lasted.

We had buffalo burgers for dinner, that's always a good thing.  And we have a strawberry cheesecake ice cream pie in the freezer, courtesy of Braums and the stop I made there this afternoon.  I really did just go in for milk, then I remembered that we were low on orange juice (we live on oj!) and since I was there, I was legally obligated to check their pie stock.  Since they did have them in stock, I was legally obligated to check the variety.  Since they did have strawberry cheesecake in stock, I was legally obligated to buy one.  Well, that's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :)
 
I have not had a crochet hook in my hand since Sunday.  I think it was Sunday.  I frogged the hat again and am going to start it again tomorrow, but I'm going up 3 or 4 hook sizes and see if that makes enough of a difference.  I really, really hate it when the pattern instructions are wrong.  If it still doesn't make the hat big enough, I'm going back to searching for a good pattern.  I like a challenge, but this one is getting ridiculous.
 
OK, I'm about to go in search of a glass of wine and then I think I'm going to put my feet up.  And grab a book!

No comments: