Sunday, May 12, 2013

Happy Mother's Day (and other stuff too)

First things first:


I've had a really nice one.  Actually, I think its been Mother's Days because Nana visited and we had a great time.  For Mother's Day, we went to church and then to the Hog Trough (Golden Corral) for brunch.  Otter had to work today, she went in at noon and the restaurant is on the other side of the shopping center she works in so she changed into her uniform at church and then after we ate we dropped her off at work.  She gets off at 7:00 tonight.  We came back home for a while, then took Nana to the airport. :(
 
We had planned on taking Nana to a specific restaurant on Friday, but they close at 2:00 and get very crowded so we wanted to be there about 11:00.  However, Friday morning was spent waiting on Nana's luggage to be delivered so we wound up going to a place other than we had planned.  It was still a good lunch, just not the place we intended!  Otter wanted Nana to see where she works, so we went a little before Otter was to get off and she got to show Nana the store.  Then we had a couple of other shopping stops on the way home and got Domino's pizza for dinner
 
Saturday's activities included making Monkey bread for breakfast (yum!) and then Otter and I took Nana to the Tulsa Flea Market.  We had a great time.  I found a huge paper shopping bag full of yarn, it was marked $5.00 but as soon as I started looking at it the lady selling it told me I could have it for $3.00.  Sold!  I also found a Fenton piece, a small rose bowl style vase in clear green hobnail for $3.00 so it came home with me as well.  Otter found a few things and so did Nana, then we went to lunch at On the Border before going to a local shopping center in Tulsa.  We didn't buy much there, but we still had fun.  We came home, watched a couple of movies on Blu-ray and then decided we wanted fried chicken for dinner.  We were on the way to the only fried chicken place we could remember, when we drove by a KFC so I turned around and we went there instead.  We got there about 8:25, and after we went inside and placed our order the clerk started locking up because they close at 8:30 on Saturday night!  We still got a bucket of chicken and various sides, it just seemed early to close on a Saturday night.  But it was good, we were planning on bringing it home anyway so it didn't matter that they were about to close.  I'm just glad we were not there after 8:30 because we wouldn't have been able to get in.
 
I'm to chill for a while and goof off, then I might do a little crochet.  Or read.  Or just relax, I'll figure it out at the time!

No comments: