Sunday, May 05, 2013

Figuring It Out (Edited and Added To)

I think I'm really going to like this new laptop.  Learning Windows 8 is not as hard as I thought it would be, it's just different.  But the computer itself is nice.  The old one was good for a very long time, but it was acting up (badly at times) and it was time for a new one.  The Chiclet keyboard is going to take some getting used to, since it's smaller than a "regular" keyboard.  (There may be typos, as I learn the keyboard I keep finding the cursor moved to somewhere other than where I think it is!)

Last week was kind of chaotic.  We got finished moving all of Otter's furniture around in her room, but with her work hours we haven't had time to get everything back in place on her bookcase, desk, etc. so it still looks kind of messy.  She's working until 7:00 tonight, we're going to see what we can do in there when she gets home.  I say "we" very lightly, since my part is mostly going to be handing things to her as she arranges them.  She has more room to move around now.  She has a blank wall that she wants to put something on, but she's not sure exactly what.  Artwork of some type.

The next step is to move my desk and rearrange my corner of the office room.  I want to turn my desk so that it's facing the window, it was like that originally but I got kind of tired of having to turn my head to the left the entire time I was on the computer since the cord wasn't long enough to have it where I wanted on my desk.  I'm going to enjoy the wireless Wi-Fi.

I had a couple of errands earlier, so I took Otter to work today.  Her hours this coming week are the same as mine, so I'll be her transportation this week.  I'm just glad that she doesn't have any late hours, one of us always takes her and picks her up then.  It's a safe enough spot, but it's very isolated especially after dark.  When she gets off at 10:00 p.m., which has happened a couple of times, there is nobody else there as the other stores are already closed.  Tulsa isn't particularly high-crime, but there have been enough carjacking and so forth that she's not comfortable with having to walk to the car across the dark parking lot and neither are we.  She's been working around 35 - 38 hours a week, so she's definitely keeping busy.

Bill's gotten as far as taking his new computer out of the box.  He probably won't actually have time to get is set up until sometime next week.  He has a board meeting to work tomorrow evening, then Nana (Bill's mom) will be here Thursday and the next several days will be spent visiting (and shopping!) so he's trying to get as many pachinko related projects done as he can with what little spare time he has.  He did say that we'll probably have to get a newer printer but that can wait a few days.

I did get some crochet done yesterday.  I finished up Bill's lap blanket.  It's made up of granny squares, they are royal blue with a light blue finish row and they are then stitched together with the light blue.  Because they are individual squares attached together and there are two colors, there are a lot of tails to be done.  Burying tails can take longer than the actual crochet work, and this is one of those projects that will.  I started doing tails yesterday, but it's going to take me quite a while.  I won't have all that much spare time this week, either.

OK, the Chiclet keyboard is getting annoying now, so I'm going to post this and go get back to laundry.
 
(Edit and additional info):
 
Ok, the printer will not need to be replaced after all.  Bill thought it wouldn't work, but it has a usb cord which will work with all the new computers after all.  Good, we don't want to replace it if it's not necessary. 
 
And Bill got my desk moved!  I can now use my lamp on my desk, which I didn't have room for before.  I had to do a little rearranging to get my plastic drawer unit by the desk, but I can also put the phone on top of it now.  The shredder was by my desk, it's now going to the other side of the office.  My desk looks nice now, it was a little cluttered because the old computer and speakers took up so much room.  But these Chiclet keys are still a pain!  :)

No comments: