Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Enough Already!

It's late April.  And we have a freeze warning for tonight!

Where's that groundhog?  He's got some 'splainin to do!

Our high for the day was around 51 and we hit it before dawn.  It's been on the low 40's all day and now I think it's probably in the high 30's.  Not going outside again tonight, it's not icy but it is plenty cold.  Which is why we took the bluebonnet pictures yesterday, by the way.  They might be ok, they are hardier than people think.  But we'll see what happens.  Mama robin on the back porch will probably be ok, her nest is up in a very safe spot.  It's not going to be a long cold snap anyway.

I'm having email issues.  I don't know what the problem is.  I can receive email, but it's not letting me send any.  I was able to send a couple test messages to Bill's email addresses and they worked.  That was last night.  Since then, I'm not able to send anything out.  Bill is going to see what he can figure out, but he hasn't had much time yet.

On a better note, my headache has finally gone away.  Mostly.  The headache that I've had since Sunday, when I actually gave myself a mild concussion.  I didn't realize it until yesterday, but I had all the symptoms of a mild one and the headache is the biggest complaint.  At this point, the doctor doesn't need to see me.  I just have to watch out for certain symptoms, but I'm on the mend already.  I should have figured it out, the headache that goes with a concussion is not like any other type of headache out there.  And, being a migraine sufferer, I do know headaches!  There are a few other symptoms, and I've had a couple of them but I'm not worried.  My bruised spot is actually barely visible, which is good because we al lthought I was in for a major league shiner!  (Had one of those before, too.)

Otter and I got to do something today that we haven't been able to do for weeks.  We went thrifting!  After everybody got home from work, we went to two thrift stores.  I didn't find anything, but Otter did.  Poor Bill, he had to wait for us to get back before he could get supper!  He didn't starve, in case you are wondering - the small amount of junk food we have on hand has been reduced in content.  I think I might know where it went, and the dogs aren't the culprit this time.  :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad you are over the concussion. Please don't do this again.
I agree the groundhog needs to 'splain. He was completely off. Maybe if it had been a girl she would have been right and predicted more winter.
Froggy