Wednesday, February 18, 2015

It's Beagle Wednesday!

It hasn't been Beagle Wednesday in a while, and Maggie is overjoyed with the Westminster Dog Show's Grand Champion is a fellow beagle!  But I'm confused about something. Miss P (which is also one of Maggie Moo's many nicknames) is described as "calm."  Calm is not a word I would associate with a beagle!  They are the orignal adhd dog and are closely related to the Energizer Bunny.  They have two speeds:  Warp Speed x Infinity, or OFF.


This picture isn't sideways.  She was snoozing with her rear right up against the couch!  I don't know when this was taken, but it was before we cleaned the carpets on Black Friday 2014 because that's when we moved her blankets.


This is sideways, however,  It's Frasier's tracks in the snow a few weeks back.  It might have been the snow on my birthday.  Anyway.  Look at the prints.  They are single file, just like his coyote relatives would walk.


This is a closer shot.  You can tell that it's two feet in each print, his front feet are very close together.  His back feet are also single file, but not always in exactly the same steps.


Maggie Moo walks like a dog, not a coyote.  She's making her way outside, beside his footprints so it's really noticeable how different their walking patterns are.


This is the nest in the maple tree in the back yard.


This is the nest in the redbud tree.


Closer shot of the redbud tree nest.


Close up of the maple tree nest.


This is the shelf in the front/craft/guest/YARN room.  It was Otter's originally, her room as a baby was done in a carousel horse theme.  One of Bill's sister's painted the horses and then attached small dowel pieces to the tops so they became carousel horses.  Over the years, the dowels fell off and they were just horses.  Otter never wants to get rid of this shelf, but it's on the wall in her old room and she's leaving it in my custody on a strictly temporary basis!  So, I'm using it for my toys!  I have 5 different yarn spools and my decorative spinning wheel.  I was thinking of getting a real spinning wheel and setting it up in there with some yarn attached, but they are big and it would take up more room than I wanted to lose.  Also, I don't like to take a functional item and turn it into non-functional decor - which is what would happen, since I am EXTREMELY allergic to wool.  One of the antique/junk stores we shop at occasionally had this adorable little dustcatcher for several months and it would always tell me it wanted to come home with mer.  I ignored it for a while, then I finally decided I'd better buy it while I could because I'd never seen another one like it and I was afraid someone else would grab it.  So I finally bought it and it promptly fell apart when I got it home.  Cue glue gun!  It sits on a small rug and it has a small stool sitting beside it.

OK, it's time to go cover the beagle!  She's messing around with her blankies, she was asleep at my feet underneath the afghan but I guess she decided she'd be warmer if she moved to her blankets, seeing how they are by the fireplace and there is a fire in it.  Frasier is stil snoozing in the same spot he's been in for something like an hour - at my feet on top of the afghan.  Maggie had to fight her way out from underneath it, thanks to big brudder Frasier!

No comments: