Thursday, February 26, 2015

Up in Arms

I think I've sprained my left elbow.  I thought the pain, tenderness and muscular tightness was the tendinitis which has bothered me on occasion.  But then I realized that I remembered a door shutting quickly and smacking my left elbow a couple of days ago.  Which was about when it started hurting.  It's bothered me the last couple of days and it has also made it difficult to sleep at night because I sleep on my side.  I generally start out on my left side but sometimes I will wake up on my right side.  I've been trying to prop it up at night and start out on my right side, but I keep waking up because I'm on my left side and my arm hurts!  Usually because I'm actually sleeping on it.  I'll probably drag out the splint from Otter's broken arm many years ago and use it the next couple of days.

Having had my arm broken twice (the left one coincidentally) and having had sprains before, I can say firmly that sprains can hurt worse than breaks!  Probably because a break is generally immobilized in a cast or splint, which also makes it harder to forget and use the limb in a way it should be used.

And as if that weren't enough, the extreme cold and dry air of the last several days is also doing what it generally does:  I'm having an asthma flare.  Not bad, but any asthma is "not good."  I'm trying to stay indoors, which is what I've been doing for the last several days, but there are times when I have to go outside.  Like from the front door to the car, car to the office, etc.  I had to go to the post office today to renew the P.O. Box and I also had a trunkload of stuff to donate to Goodwill so I had to be out in the air a bit.  But Bill had already noticed the signs of an impending flare so he had a nice, warm fire going when I walked in the door.  The thing about asthma is that if it's a mild flare coming on, it's not always noticeable because I'm used to dealing with it so it is somewhat routine.  If it's a bad spell, that's different.  But sometimes it's slow and sneaky.  It won't be bad, I just don't like to deal with it.  But I've never had it as bad as Otter or Froggy's eldest son had to deal with.

Nice surprise!  I just changed the tv station after the M.A.S.H. reruns we usually watch in the evening.  When M.A.S.H. ended, I turned the tv to PBS.  It's the start of their spring pledge drive.  They are running a BeeGees concert!  I absolutely, love love love the BeeGees, pretty much from the earliest time I became aware of the existence of Music.  I can NOT stand disco, but I'll listen to anything and everything done by the BeeGees.  Otter frequently points something out to me:  the BeeGees are disco.  My answer?  NO, THEY ARE NOT.  That's my story and I'm sticking to it.  :)  Also, I think that I came in at the same point in this concert that I did when I saw it the first time.  Just after it started, so I'll get to see most of it.  Hope the dogsters don't mind me singing!  (Not even asthma can stop me if I want to sing and especially not singing along to BeeGees songs.)  

I don't think that there are actually words to express how important Music is to me.  I can also say that I don't know of too many other people who actually Lettered it in in high school!  I'll always be proud of that fact, although I was't too pleased with Mom when she gave my letter sweater away on accident!  (S. TEXAS, sweaters were more common than jackets seeing how we almost never actually had weather that required jackets).  Bill will probably be glad that Dr. Who was not on the schedule for tonight, because I am not changing the station.

Anybody needs me for the next couple hours, don't expect to reach me.  MUSIC TIME!

No comments: