Thursday, February 05, 2015

It's a Flu(ke)

Title inspired by the fact that I think we are dealing with a mild case of the flu.  Bill still insists that he "only has a cold."  But I don't think so, for one thing colds don't have body aches!
 
I did some research, it is possible to have the flu without having a high fever.  Bill did have fever the other day, but he wouldn't let me take his temperature.  I think I might have had a little fever today myself, but I didn't actually take my temperature because I have been drinking as much water as I can.
 
It took him a couple of days to come down with whatever this is, then he was home for a couple of days but he went back to work today.  And he was exhausted when he got home.  I started coming down with it a couple of days after he did.  I left work early yesterday, I went to the grocery store because I had no choice on that but other than that I was at home yesterday.  I didn't sleep well last night, and I felt pretty bad this morning so I called in.  I had a horrible non-migraine headache, too.  Then I realized something else:  what I thought was tendonitis is probably actually the body aches associated with flu.  I did have some tendonitis issues because I've crocheted a lot lately, but that only explains my left elbow hurting.  It does not explain the rest of me aching!  I am pretty sure that it is the flu, but it's a so-called mild case.  Bill may not go in to work tomorrow, I am pretty sure I'm not going too either.
 
Today's activities included starting a loaf of whole-wheat bread in the bread machine and also starting a pot of beef/vegetable soup in the crockpot.  Mostly, I've been parked on the couch.  I did get a load of laundry done, but that was because Bill woke up sweaty in the night and the sheets needed to be washed.  About 2:00, I was feeling really tired so I decided to lay down for a little bit.  And I woke up 2 hours later, so I guess I was more tired than I realized.  It took me a while to wake up, I felt groggy for an hour or so.  The dogs have spent most of the day snoozing, Maggie has discovered the afghan I made and she keeps stealing it from me.  She prefers to sleep on top of it instead of underneath it - it is pretty soft yarn and her little beagle rear is delicate!  Frasier isn't really into blankets, but he has spent most of his day napping as close to me as he can get.
 
Bill needed to get something from Hobby Lobby this evening, so I decided to ride along with him.  We were only in the store about 5 minutes and it nearly exhausted me.  But Hobby Lobby is not a place I can let him go without adult supervision - kind of like a hardware or tool store!  Froggy, I'm sure you know what I mean. :)

No comments: