Friday, February 06, 2015

Still Hanging In

But now I'm thinking that Bill is partially right:  it's probably not the flu.  But I'm also thinking that Bill is partially not right:  It's still more than a cold!
 
Anyway.  We are both home today.  Bill was very restless last night, he had a lot of congestion and coughed a lot.  I got up at 5:00 (the alarm went off, not because of a barking dog!) and let the dogs out.  I fed them and then went back to bed, Bill got up at that point and he let me sleep until about 6:15.  I had a headache when I got up the first time, which is the main reason I went back to bed.  After breakfast, I took some motrin and it did help with the headache.  We both called in, I think we mostly just need to rest at this point.  I don't feel great, I feel better than I did but not well yet.  But what I am mostly noticing is that I feel extremely tired.  Just enough potential symptoms that it could be a light case of the flu, or might not be.
 
I did have to get out, I had to go to the post office for something we expected to be delivered to the post office box.  I stopped at Wallyworld for milk that I forgot when I got groceries the other day and I grabbed us a salad each from their deli.  My headache was back by that point, I took some more motrin and then we had a cup of tea.  The caffieine and motrin helped some.  The crockpot soup is in the fridge, we'll have that tonight with some of the bread I made yesterday in the bread machine.  I don't know if I'm going to cook anything tomorrow or not, there is still plenty of soup and also sandwich and salad stuff on hand.  As well as a couple of things in the freezer.
 
Otter came by for a little while, some of the mail was something she'd been waiting on so she came over to get it - and check on us, which was probably the real reason!  Maggie Moo was overjoyed to see Otter, but I noticed that the second Otter was out the door the beagle was back on her blankets, crashed out again!  Such a hard life the beagle leads...  Frasier was happy to see Otter as well, Maggie was just funny.  One of Otter's friends lives in the same apartment complex and has a dog.  Friend's dog just had puppies, 8 of them!  That's a lot of puppies, but Otter reports that mama dog is able to feed them al.  Anyway, Otter finally got to see the puppies today.  She reports that they are just learning to walk, their eyes are open and they are total fluff balls.  Because Otter is who she is, mama dog was charmed and had no problem at all with Otter playing with the babies.  So, when Otter came in the door, Maggie had to do the sniff test on Otter.  Even while Otter was playing with Maggie, the beagle would stop in the middle of being petted and sniff more.  Her tail was wagging the entire time, so she wasn't mad but it was funny.
 
Bill has a pachinko project, he has 5 machines being refurbished/restored/repaired at once.  The idea was to get them to the booth as soon as he possibly could.  Every time he thinks he's going to get them done, something comes up.  He hasn't really been able to work on them at all this week.  He really wants to get them finished up and it is really bugging him that he hasn't been able to.
 
I haven't done much crochet the last couple of days, ok none really.  I did a little early in the week, but then my arms started hurting.  Which I wasn't sure if it was tendonitis or flu aches.  There have been a few body aches, which is why I'm not positive that it isn't a light case of flu.  But I also think that the tendonitis is part of the problem.  I have a couple of craft projects that shouldn't aggravate the tendonitis.  IF I feel up to it tomorrow, big IF, I might work on one of them.  Or maybe not, I may just park myself on the couch with a blanket, book and beagle.  With frequent visits from BigDog, he isn't quite as blanket-crazed as the beagle but he does like to check on me on a regular basis.
 
The plan is still for Otter and Bill to get the boxes up to the attic on Sunday.  It really can't wait much longer, I can't get to the deep freeze for pachinko machines!  I think it might be time for a pachinko machine intervention.  Or maybe not, Bill probably thinks the same thing about my yarn stash! :)

No comments: