Friday, March 06, 2015

Hard Week

Glad it's over.

I've spent too much time nesting on the couch because of my stupid cold.  I'm finally on the mend, although I'm still dealing with the residual effects of any cold or URI in my world:  asthma!  It's not bad, it's just "there" and I know it.

I went in to work this morning, but I really just wanted to go back to bed!  I didn't stay all day, I made it until about 11:30 before I gave in and came home.  I actually ran out of steam about 10:30, but I had a few things I needed to finish up.  Even with being off most of the week, I'm just about caught up at work.  It's not a particularly busy office.


This is still on my mind as well.  It's on a lot of people's minds still, ST fans tend to take anything connected with the show very personally.  Especially when we lose someone so important.

I am kind of tired of winter.  I'm kind of tired of snow and ice.  I'm really looking forward to spring finally showing up.  (Not SpringLikeStorms!)  Starting last Friday, we had snow and/or ice coming down 4 out of the last 7 days and it was still on the ground/streets most of the last 7 days.  We were iced in on Wednesday, I probably wouldn't have gone in to work anyway because I was sick.  Yesterday, I might have tried to go in for a while but we were still iced in and nobody wanted to brave the roads.  But then the sun came out yesterday afternoon and a mass melting occurred.  Otter came over yesterday afternoon with her laundry.  While her clothes were in the dryer, we got out so I could see how the streets were and they were pretty good by that point.  We went to the grocery store, but that was only because I absolutely had to and could not put that off any longer.

When Bill took his/Otter's car to get the tires replaced, they told him that it needs a front end alignment and some serious front-end work.  I have no doubt that it does, that was really the only complaint/issue/problem we had with that car - it was known for needing expensive front-end work but that seems to be a fairly common issue in that year/style Impala.  I'm going to take it to Chevy one day next week to get a 2nd opinion and a price quote, but I expect them to say basically the same thing the first place did.  If Chevy's quote is in the general price range of the first place, we might have them go ahead and fix the car while it's there for the estimate.

Frasier is doing very well.  He does seem to have a little less discomfort since he's been on the anti-inflammatory.  It does make him a little stoned, however! :)  The vet said that I might be able to discontinue it on a daily basis after a while.  I'm going to see how it goes, he's definitely showing signs of improvement so I'll see how he does after several days and then decide about stopping it daily.  When they called me to check on him today, the vet tech said that I can go to watching him and giving it to him when he needs it.  When I got home today, Maggie Moo came in happily.  Frasier still hasn't come in - he's happy out in their yard.  Last time I looked out there, he was snoozing in a sunny spot.  He was so still that I had to watch to be sure he was actually breathing!! He loves to stay outside, much more than any other dog I've ever seen.  I think it's probably the coyote heritage.  Maggie didn't miss out on the nap today, she's curled up on her blankets and I hear her snoring.

There's probably more but I don't remember!

LLAP

No comments: