Thursday, March 12, 2015

March 12, Doggie Beffday and Mom

March 12 is Mom's birthday.  She's been gone for 14 years now, which is kind of hard to believe.  Mom loved animals and she taught us to love them as well.  So, we remember her by calling her birthday the dog's birthday as well.  Or, as the dogs would say, it's their Beffday!

(Mom would like her day being celebrated in connection with animals, it's not disrespectful.)

The dogs got extra treats tonight, we visited their treat can and they got multiple milkbones so they are happy.

Otter/Bill's car is fixed!  I took it to the tire place yesterday morning, I got there just after they opened and they were waiting for me.  The car was fixed in less time than they said and it was also a little bit less $$ than they thought it would be.  It seems to have been fixed right, also.  We've used this particular tire shop before for actual tires, including last week for Otter/Bill's car and we've never had an issue with them.  Otter met me at the tire place to give me my car back, then I drove her to work (across the parking lot!) and when the car was ready she walked back over there and got it.  She said that the steering feels much tighter and that she realizes now that it had felt like driving a boat before.

Frasier is entertaining tonight.  He's currently curled up in the floor, napping.  He's talking in his sleep, I think he's chasing something?  Maggie Moo is curled up on her blankets and underneath one of them, she hasn't been heard from in quite a while but it's a safe bet that she's asleep!.  Oops, there is a nose!  A beagle nose!  It just stuck itself out from underneath the blankets but that's all that I see of her. :)  Yesterday, the beaglebrat got stuck underneath the shed and I was really beginning to wonder if she could get herself out - she finally did, but I noticed that she was not quite as interested in getting underneath the shed this afternoon when I let them out, for some reason.

I was going to rearrange a bit in the front room.  My idea was to move the steampunk pachinko machine to the opposite side of the room (the door side) and then to move the yarn drawers down the wall to where the pachinko had been.  I was thinking I could move the futon against the wall/corner and that way it wouldn't be right at the doorway.  So, I took the pachinko off the table it sits on, moved the table to the spot I had planned and then I had to take everything (decorative) off the top of the yarn drawers.  I had to unstack the two smaller drawers off the top of the taller drawer units.  Then I moved the yarn drawers down to where I wanted them.  And that's when I realized that it wouldn't work!  So, I had to put it all back in place, in reverse this time.  At least I'll know why I have sore muscles tomorrow!

But we did have a discussion about painting that room and I think we probably will.  Not until after your visit this summer, Froggy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've done that- moved everything and then discovered it doesn't work as I planned.
Yes please wait until after my visit to paint.
Froggy