Sunday, March 01, 2015

Lion or Lamb?

I think March has come in like a lamb.  Yes, there are still piles of snow and some icy spots on the streets.  But that is from yesterday, today was cold but nothing falling from the sky beyond a light amount of sleet in some areas north of Tulsa.  So, I think it came in like a lamb.  So, maybe March is going to go out like a lion - I hope not!  Because this is Tornado Alley, after all.  We don't want Lion-ish storms.

Anyway, here are a few Trek-related lols.  In the light of Friday's sad news, these are just a few I felt like posting.


(This one is from Saturday, it's what we are all thinking actually.)


LLAP!








(I'd like to live on this street)



Apparently, not everyone can do the Vulcan salute.  But I never had a problem with it.  Also, not a lot of people realize that it is actually an ancient Hebrew/Jewish blessing.  Which Leonard Nimoy knew, as he's the reason it was "invented" for Mr. Spock.


IDIC


I haven't made a sock monkey in years, but this one would be fun to make.

---------

OK, enough with the sad stuff!

Officially, we only got 2" of snow in my small town.  But I think we got a lot more.  It was about beagle belly deep, which I discovered when I let the dogsters out this morning for a romp in the back yard.  The snow was powdery and dry and there was an ice cover on top of it.  Frasier is big and heavy so he had no problems with it, although it did slow him down a bit.  But Maggie Moo wasn't quite able to navigate so well in it.  She would take a step and her foot would crash through the ice, then she'd take another step, crunch through, etc., and she finally just started swimming/hopping through it.  She came back in almost immediately, but Frasier wasn't in so much of a hurry.  He figured out how to run across it pretty fast and got his speed up quickly.  He was going so fast that he didn't crunch through the ice and I was afraid he might lose his balance but he seemed to enjoy himself.

Otter was supposed to work yesterday but her boss called her a couple of hours before she shift and told her not to come in because the roads were too dangerous.  So she had an unexpected day off, which she really enjoyed.  But she was feeling housebound by this morning and so was I.  So, after I got the pushbroom and de-snowed my car, we went to her apartment.  We stopped by the booth place first, then we took Bill to get the carsince she had for yesterday.  She had gotten out and cleared the snow off of it for Bill.

Our neighborhood street was pretty bad, but the main roads had been plowed, scraped and sanded although there were a few patches.  The parking lot at her apartment complex was iffy, but there had been enough traffic through it that it was driveable.  The apartment complex is next door to the police department so the street was probably one that was plowed first.  She and I went to Big Lots, which was fun because they were having a 20% off of everything sale today.  Big Lots is next to a WalMart, and their were girl scouts setting up a cookie booth in front so we had to buy some.

Bill got the car because it's possibly going to be a little icy in the morning from re-freezing and he doesn't want to drive the El Camino.  Otter does work, but her hours are good for me to get her to/from work.  She was originally going to bring her laundry today but she's still got work clothing for a couple of days.

Since I wasn't able to get out yesterday and go to the antique stores like I had planned, I might do that next Saturday.  I need a shopping fix!

No comments: