Wednesday, November 17, 2010

It's a Blustery Day!

We like Winnie the Pooh at this house.  So it's not windy this evening.  It's blustery.

It's actually very blustery.  When Otter and I were coming home, the tree across the street was rapidly losing it's leaves in the wind.  It looked like a curtain, there were so many leaves flying.  It was cool today but nice temperatures, cloudy but not bad.  The expected cold front is hitting us now, and it's living up to it's name.  It's supposed to be pretty cold tonight.

Maggie Moo went back to the vet Monday.  The spot on her head suddenly looked very red and we were concerned with infection.  The vet said that it wasn't infected but could possibly be on the way to becoming infected, so he gave her additional antibiotics and we now have a spray to hit it with.  As well as being medicated, the spray is supposed to keep it from itching.  I don't know if it's working or not judging by the fact that we spend just as much time stopping her as we did before, but it does seem to be helping in general because it looks much better.  Frasier went with us, he was moral support for the beagle.  Actually, there's no way we could get one dog leashed and out of the house without taking the other one with us.  So they usually both go when one has to go to the vet for some reason.  They were happy to get there.  Maggie was overjoyed.  Until it was time to go into the exam room, and then we had to play a round of Drag the Dog.  Once we got in the room, she immediately got underneath the exam table.  Then after the door was shut, she went to the door and stood with her nose against it.  I don't think she was happy to be there!  Getting her to leave was no problem at all for some strange reason...

I have to go jean shopping tomorrow.  I was bent over to put something on the floor when Bill remarked that he could see my underwear.  I thought he meant that it was showing over the top as I stood up, because the jeans are a little big now.  (Yea!).  But he meant that he could see the pattern on my underwear through the jean fabric!  This is after I wore them to work today!  I'm going to go find some new ones tomorrow, and this time I'm not going to get a pair that is too short because I'm in a hurry.  But they will be as dark blue as I can find, just in case.

Otter and I also went thrifting today.  I found a blouse at one and she found a few books.  At the second one, I didn't find anything but she found a couple of dvd's and a vhs movie.  Her tv has a dvd player and a vhs player built in.  We were going to stop at the grocery store for a couple of things we need, but that got put off until tomorrow afternoon.  We were getting hungry and wanted to get home so we could make dinner.  It was spaghetti, which as Otter & Bill will tell you, we have pretty often.  In fact, hardly a week goes by without having spaghetti.  It is about my favorite food.  I'm glad they like it as well.  Because I'd still make it at least once a week, even if they didn't!

No comments: