Wednesday, February 02, 2011

Had Enough!

We're feeling more than a little housebound and are starting to get stir-crazy.  I don't see that changing anytime soon, unfortunately.  The snow is still here, it probably will be here for days because we won't get above freezing until Saturday.  Then the temperatures will get back to really cold for a few days after that and I think we have another snow chance Monday.  But probably not another blizzard like this one.

Bill managed to get most of the driveway behind my car cleared off.  But the street is still pretty bad.  I'm not sure if I'll attempt to go to work tomorrow or not.  The snow in the street is high enough that most cars are not going to be able to navigate it.  I watched a truck get stuck earlier and that vehicle was much higher off the ground than my Impala.  I think what I'll do is see how the street looks in the morning, then decide.  The Tulsa streets are getting cleared slowly, but the smaller town we live in doesn't usually clear all the streets.  And when they do, they don't often get out to where we are.  So we'll see in the morning.  But it's starting to get dark now and the streets won't be getting any more help from the sun today and probably not any more vehicles.  I've only seen a couple of vehicles go by today, and they were trucks that are higher up than cars.

Otter's school is out for the rest of the week.  Bill's off tomorrow and probably Friday as well.

We're still ok on supplies, although I'd like to be able to get out by Friday (if not tomorrow) and see if I can get to the grocery store for a couple of things.  We have plenty of milk still, but we could probably use another container of orange juice because we do drink a lot of it.  But if we don't make it to the store, we're still going to be fine.

The bird feeders have been visted all day, we've seen doves and several cardinals as well as the red-winged blackbirds and sparrows.  And starlings, which are vermin, but I don't begrudge them food either so I ignore them this time of year.  We did see the woodpecker yesterday, he was in a tree but he's probably been to the suet feeder when we weren't looking because he spends a lot of time there.

The dogs are still happy, they've had a rerun of yesterday - sleeping most of the day with very fast trips outside.  Maggie has spent a lot of her snooze time in front of the fireplace.

Otter slept in the living room last night, it was nice & warm in there since the fireplace had been going all day.  Maggie Moo was happy about that.

We watched the movie 2012 today.  Really dreadful, just awful but in a funny way.  It was obviously intended to be a serious movie, but it failed big-time.  We don't usually spend all day in front of the tv, but we have the last two days.  The satellite service has different free movie channels each month, and we've been taking advantage of that.

The paper wasn't dellivered today, it wasn't printed today and won't be printed tomorrow either.  Both days are available online, which is normally a fee service but is free right now.  I never thought about reading the paper online, I still prefer to actually have it in my hands to read.  But it's nice that the publisher has suspended charging for the online service right now.

Maybe tomorrow we'll get to get out.  Hopefully, anyway.

No comments: