Thursday, February 10, 2011

Out!

I managed to get out of the house today.  I went to work.  Willieboy took me, and Otter, this morning.  The roads in the neighborhood were icky this morning, but they are much better this afternoon and I should not have any problems tomorrow morning - as long as I'm smart about it and Bill says I can't go over 10 miles an hour in the neighborhood.

Otter's out of school tomorrow, but the plan at this point is that the schools will re-open on Monday.  At that point, the district will decide how to make up the days that have been missed.  They are way over their built-in snow days.

Otter's cell phone is back up and running.  The phone wasn't repairable, but there was a spare available and it was able to be reprogrammed with her number.  She can text again!  She's so happy.  Of course, the old phone was completely dead so her memorized numbers have to be redone instead of just being electronically transferred.  But she's got a working cell phone again and she's overjoyed.

Uncle Crazy, your hat is on the way!  I mailed it today.  You should get it Saturday.  (Froggy, I forgot to take a picture of any of the hats I've sent out lately so if you think about it, would you please take a couple of pictures?).

It got to 6 below zero this morning.  One small town north of us actually got to 31 degrees below zero.  That is COLD!  It was literally colder in parts of Oklahoma than in Alaska.  We haven't been above freezing today, but it's been sunny and that has helped.  Tomorrow will be above freezing and then the weekend will be much warmer.  We'll be in the 60's next week, so it will all go away.  Not a moment too soon.  Of course, it's going to be pretty muddy!  Since I was able to get out today, I'm back to thinking that the snow is pretty.  But we really did get a lot of it.  Much too much.

I'm ready for warmer weather.  Spring, but without the spring storms.  Soon?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

to much snow in winter, don't like the storms in spring? Dad would be saying you should move back to Texas, I can just hear him now.

Otter should just have all her friends call her and then she will have all the numbers again.

Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Actually, Dad never said for me to move back when it was snowing. His comment was more along the lines of "you lucky people!" when I told him we had snow.

Otter did have her friends call her, but some numbers still have to be put in manually.