Sunday, February 27, 2011

Sunday Flying Beagles!

It's windy.  Windy enough to cause small dogs to suddenly become airborne.  Probably cats, too.  But we don't have any cats so I don't know for sure.  We do have a beagle, and she's got long ears that would probably make excellent wings.  Or maybe a propeller.  Either way, she seems to be spending most of her time indoors today.  Maybe she's afraid of sailing away?  Frasier has no fear, he's been outside in the wind most of the day.  He actually seems to like wind, maybe he likes the different things he can smell on the wind.

Wind is not unusual, in this part of OK.  Remember the song, Oklahoma?  The part about the wind flying down the plains (not sure of the exact words) is pretty correct.  Not just twisty winds, either.  It just gets plain windy here at certain times of the year.  Seems like the month of March is almost always windy, it's 31 days of rocks-in-your-pockets wind.  It's started a little early this year, it is still February after all!

The tulip bed seems to be coming along.  We have a boatload of daffodils, they have really spread this year.  Which is what they do.  We're happy about that, by the way.  The tulips are coming up, there are several that have poked through the dirt already and more on the way.  They are just beginning to show themselves, so we've still got a while before they get to the blooming stage.  Some of the trees are beginning to bud out, one of the maple trees in the back yard is really covered in buds.

I'm still working on the de-stashing.  I thought I was finished with the blue scarf that will be donated, but I decided it needed another row on it so I did that yesterday.  I also made the hat that goes with it.  I have a hat still to make, that will go with the other scarf to be donated.  But I'm going to finish the scarf that is for someone Bill works with (it needs fringe) and then make the matching hat.  After that, I'm not sure.  I have about 3 different projects that will also de-stash a little, I'm just not sure which one I'm going to start with.  I also got a couple of rows done on the afghan yesterday, that one really isn't part of the de-stashing and is a long-term project.  I crocheted for several hours yesterday, which was fun but my arms were so tired by the time I got finished.

Movie Review:  Megamind.  We rented it for yesterday.  It was a cute movie, but not what I would consider to be spectacular.  It was ok, it could have been better.  It did have some funny moments.  But it wasn't as good or as funny as the previews made it seem.  It's probably not on the list of movies we want to buy.

The Blockbuster nearest to us is closing.  We haven't rented movies from them in years, I forget why we were not happy with them but it's been since right around the time we moved (6 1/2 years ago).  Otter and I went to their clearance sale on Friday.  We found several dvd's/blu-rays we wanted.  The majority of them are older movies.  The more popular newer ones were either already sold, or they'd been shipped to their remaining stores.  They had some newer movies but they were the ones that didn't do so well in the theater and apparently weren't that popular among people who were buying.  We did find a few things, so it wasn't a wasted trip.  Otter's collection has increased, most of what we got was for her.  They'll close in early April, we might make another trip before that but I'm not sure.  There is one in Tulsa that is also closing, at least one anyway, and we might check it out if we are in the area.

I'm not sure if I'll want to go to Borders' clearance sale again or not.  I might, just because they are around the corner from where I work.  I went back one day last week, I bought another crochet book and two crochet magazines.  The book was one I'd gotten out of the library a while back, and I said I was going to buy it but I forgot about it at the time.

OK, back to my laundry now!  Then I might get into the Girl Scout cookies we got last week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i did not even have to nag this time. It is very warm here-upper 80's and the ac does not work. We will have it checked soon (maybe). We are hoping that all it will need is coolant. That and a checkup will run about 150-200. It may need to be replaced in which case that will wait until income starts. It may be a long hot spring. I will not say summer, because I want income to start way before summer, like now. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

You almost didn't catch my post. You commented less than 1/2 hour after I got finished!