Monday, February 21, 2011

Happy Accidents

I don't necessarily have a lot to say tonight, but I just thought I'd better say SOMETHING so that a certain person won't bug me about neglecting my blog!

Actually, I don't neglect it.  I blog quite a bit, and a lot more than several people I know that also blog.

Just not enough for Froggy. :)

One of the two Borders book stores in our area is closing.  Otter is her mother's daughter, so of course she's addicted to books.  I got that from my mom, by the way.  So did Froggy.  I picked Otter up from school today and we went straight to the Borders that is closing.  They started their clearance sale yesterday.  At this point, everything in the store is 20% off and some things are more.  We decided that even though things may be marked down more later, we didn't want to wait and risk missing things we wanted.  We probably should have gone yesterday, because the stock was already obviously reduced.  But we found a few things.  Otter got three books and I found a book of crochet patterns.  We might go back there again, several days from now, but we'll worry about that then.

We had spaghetti tonight.  As Otter and Bill can attest, we have it a lot.  Because I like it a lot.  A LOT.  We still had some sauce left after the spaghetti was gone.  I asked Otter to put the left over sauce back in the jar, which wasn't quite empty anyway.  She does that, puts the jar back in the fridge, then stops and looks funny.  And then she realized that she'd poured the spaghetti sauce into the picante sauce jar!  At that point, it was too late to worry about it so I told her to pour all of it back into the spaghetti sauce jar and shake it well.  It's going to be interesting, the next time we have spaghetti.  Which will probably be soon.  Because it always is soon when we have it again.  I'll keep you posted on whether that was a happy accident or a sad one.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But is is so much fun to bug you about your blog. (You call it nagging. Let me know how the spaghetti/picante sauce tastes.
I don't think our Borders store is closing. I very seldom buy new books. Our mom also taught us to use the library for books, unless it was a special deal. I had a gift certificate for half price books. I got 4 books for $8, all clearance of course. 1 on quilting, 1 on wildflowers, 1 on plants, and 1 on birds. I still have $2 for my next visit. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

We'll probably find out how the hot spaghetti tastes in a few days. It might be pretty good. I'm not sure how much picante was actually in the jar, so it might not be very spicy. But Otter will not live this one down!
I can remember Mom taking me to the library from a very young age. And she loved clearance sales!