Sunday, February 13, 2011

Sunday Meltdown

We're finally beginning to thaw out!  There are still several inches of snow to deal with, but most streets are melted, cleared or scraped enough to be able to get around.  The neighborhoods still have some issues, but the streets have patches as opposed to being solidly coated with ice & snow.  There are a few spots where the ground is visible, mostly dog trails and that sort of thing.  We've had 4 days of above freezing temperature and it's now warm enough to just need a light jacket.  It will be in the 70's by the end of the week.  Muddy season is about to start.

We can deal with muddy season, we'll attempt to stay ahead of the dogs and the floor.  Attempt being a relative term!

We went to church today, first time in two weeks because the weather caused cancellations before today.  Today's message was actually the one that Pastor David had planned for last Sunday.  The Sunday when he had to cancel.  The message?  About how important it is to actually go to church services if you can.  We thought it was ironic.  But we enjoyed it.

Otter and I had a couple of errands to run this afternoon.  We went to a thrift store while we were out, she found a pair of badly-needed jeans.  No Fenton, no yarn, no pachinko.  But it was still fun.  We also made a fast grocery stop for a couple of things.  There is a lot of traffic, for a Sunday afternoon.  People seem to be enjoying just being able to get out of their houses.

Movie review:  We saw the movie Red yesterday.  Bruce Willis, Morgan Freeman, Hellen Miren and I can't remember the rest!  It was funny.  It was a lot better than we expected it to be and we enjoyed it.  The language wasn't too bad, there was a little but it wasn't excessive.  There is a little violence, but it's done well and not violence just for the sake of violence.

I did get some crochet time in as well.  I have a nearly finished UFO, the other throw pillow for the bed.  I made one camo pillow a while back but decided to make a second one.  I had a couple of different stitch ideas but didn't really like them for this project, once I actually got started.  So I frogged the little bit I'd done and decided to just go with another square.  I did one side yesterday, I might get the other side done today.  If I get a chance!  I'm not sure, but I might be done with my crochet UFO's.  The afghan is a long-term project deliberately and I have another project I'm working on but it is a recent one.  I also have a few planned projects, but I wanted to get the UFO's done first.

The dogs have been snoozing most of the day.  Except for brief moments of stretching, they haven't moved from their blanket much at all.  Although Frasier did have to come see what I was doing while ago, I sat down in the floor to get something out of my purse and he helped.  Then Maggie Moo had to come see what he was doing, which meant that she got between me and Frasier.  Now, I think that they are probably back to sleep.  It's what they do best, after all.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We saw the movie RED also. I went because it was Crazy Uncles turn to pick. I was very surprised by it. I really enjoyed it. I did close my eyes for some of the violence, but it was a good movie.
All caps received. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

There really wasn't all that much violence, considering the storyline. I was surprised, because Bruce Willis' movies tend to have a lot.