Sunday, March 03, 2013

Assorted Sunday Ramblings

It's Sunday.  We went to church.  Otter is on a date.  Bill is working on pachinko machine cleaning and I've been helping.  Really exciting!

I was going to get back to weeding the edges of my rock garden, but it's just windy enough to cause allergy issues.  Or actually I should say that it's just windy enough to make my allergy issues worse!

Frasier's not happy.  He's not happy at all.  With me.  Because I gave him a bath!  He needed it badly.  He apparently rolled in something nasty yesterday and he stunk.  I mean he was really bad.  He stunk, to High Heavens, as Mom would have said.  He's been a gassy dog lately, and we thought that was his problem when we first noticed an odor yesterday evening.  This morning, I realized that he was actually stinky, and not just his rear parts.  So after we got home from church, I tossed him in the tub.  Literally tossed him, after dragging/pulling/carrying him (all 72 pounds!) to the bathroom and then shutting the door so he couldn't escape.  He was really filthy, the water was black almost immediately.  After I let him out of the tub, he wouldn't look at me.  He got a major towelling, I used 4 or 5 big towels on him.  Then I got his collar back on him and opened the door.  He ran outside immedately, and he's spent most of the day out there.  He comes in every so often, but then he turns right around and heads back outside.  I also washed the dog's blankets, since they also had a little odor.  Maggie doesn't seem to mind them being clean, in fact she could hardly wait for me to put their blankets back in place so she could curl up on them but they were still pretty warm from the dryer and that might have been part of her haste.

They have had a flatulence problem lately, I went to Petsmart and bought a supplement pill that is supposed to help them.  Frasier gets two pills, since it's weight-based.  Maggie Moo will get one.  She's not as bad as he is, but it won't hurt and it might help.

March is International Crochet Month.  It's also International Craft Month.  I posted about it on the craft blog, but I have to mention it here as well.


My personal motto!  (Right after Resistance is Futile, Y'all!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I will definitely do some crafting this month. I have quilts to work on, a Christmas wall hanging that is almost finished and I may do some more mosaics. Froggy