Tuesday, March 26, 2013

It's Getting Closer!

I'm talking about Otter's big birthday this coming Sunday.  She got her gift from us today.  I tried to get just a picture of it, but I wasn't able to.  So, here's the page from the store.  I'm not responsible for any comments made, they were "family friendly" when I posted this but I don't know if they will stay that way.  Anyway, here's what she wanted:


It's very pretty.  We also got her several teas and a refill on the sugar she likes from Teavana.

She's thinking that she'll probably want to put her tea set in the china cabinet, I told her we could rearrange it slightly and she thinks that's what she'll do.  The china cabinet needs to be cleaned, everything taken out and wiped off, the shelves dusted, etc., and that will be accomplished soon.

After we went to Teavana (where we bought the tea set from Otter's friend who works there so he could get the commission), we hit our "favorite" party supply store.  We had a few things to get there and I also informed Otter that I will be coming in on Friday after I get off work - she'll be working then.  I'm going to get at least one mylar balloon.  She's just hoping that she's not the one on balloon duty that day, apparently baloon duty is scut work that nobody really wants to do.  After that, I'm going to continue on down the road to the bakery and pick up the cake I ordered a couple of weeks ago.  Said cake will be coming straight home and  going into the refrigerator - Otter has requested that I cover any visible spots on the box so she won't see it before Sunday.  She likes surprises.  Since that is what I've usually done, I don't think it's going to be a problem! :)

Our annual observance of Taco Night has been changed slightly.  Otter has to work Saturday afternoon/evening and I think she'll get off at 10:00.  So, we've decided to have Taco Night on Thursday since she won't be working that night.  Last Year's Entry for Otter's Birthday (Taco Night Explanation)  Otter said that there is no way she's going to miss Taco Night, and we agree with her.  It's one of our fun family traditions.  Even when she's out on her own and has her own family, we will still celebrate Taco Night.  Even if it's just me & Willie Boy!

I saw the latest trailer for the new Star Trek movie.  This trailer has not made it to the US yet, it's being shown in Europe but our local paper had a link.  I'm hopeful.  I'm also fairly certain that they did at least one thing right:  The bad guy does NOT seem to be Khan.  I am not so certain anymore that it's actually Gary Mitchell, but it does at least seem to be inspired by the Mitchell character.  It looks good and I'm thinking that it might be what I want to do on Mother's Day.

Although it might not actually be ON Mother's Day anyway since I think it starts later on, but also Nana (Bill's Mom) is probably going to come see us over Mother's Day.  We are excited that she is coming to see us and it will be nice to see her on Mother's Day, we just are eager for her visit and it's going to be hard to wait until mid-May.

The Pachinko herd has increased.  Again.  On top of the 16 he got two weeks ago, he acquired another one today.  And he may be getting another one tomorrow.  Bill thinks he has 61 now.  He does sell them, it just takes longer depending on the level of work/repair/restoration they need.  He's also been casting parts and selling a lot of them.

But my stash is still easier to handle.  Yarn is squishable, after all.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The tea set is beautiful. Is Taco Night at your house or do you go out?
I agree that your stash takes up a lot less room than his.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

We used to eat out for Taco Night, when Otter was little and loved to go to Pancho's. But the last few years, we've made it ourselves. Especially since Otter discovered that my Spanish rice is referred to as "nuclear" for a reason! The apple didn't fall far from the tree in this case, the hotter the better.