Friday, March 30, 2012

Otter's Not Going to be a Teenager Much Longer!

And she's excited about it.  Can't imagine why!

Tonight is what we call Taco Night.  We have tacos on March 30.  I think we've only missed one or two times, and that was because Otter chose Pancho's for her Birthday Dinner and we didn't want to have Mexican food two nights in a row.  But most often, it's been tacos on the 30th.

Why?

Because tacos were what we had for dinner on March 30, 1992.  And I went into labor a couple of hours later!  It's become one of our family traditions, to have tacos the night before Otter's birthday.  Otter probably didn't have a chance, she really doesn't have a choice - she has to like spicy stuff!  :)  While I was pregnant with her, my sense of taste changed and I really couldn't taste much unless it was very strong.  I've always been a fan of spicy foods, but I ate even more of it then.  So I guess it's not surprising that she likes the hot stuff as much as we do, even aside from the fact that we're all TEXAN.

I picked up her birthday cake today.  It's not a cake wreck, but it's also not the cake I ordered.  It's nice, it looks good.  But it's not quite what I wanted.  I picked out the specific cake and showed it to the baker who took my order.  But something was lost in translation between the order being written down and the cake being decorated.  But, they had it ready on time and it had the correct wording on it, and it is white cake (Otter's allergic to chocolate).  So it's still not as bad as the last year we ever got a birthday cake at Wallyworld!  It's just that it's not what I actually ordered.  Also, the main color was supposed to purple but it is actually pink.  Even though we've always had good luck at this grocery store, I'm thinking that next years cake will probably come from an actual bakery.  Next year is the B.I.G. one, 21.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Otter
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

She said it was a good one. She got to sleep late and take numerous naps, she got to have bacon and cake today. Which is exactly what she wanted!