Wednesday, March 07, 2012

Pond Water and Honeysuckle

I got sprayed with the first and transplanted the second!

We have an indoor atrium/garden area at work.  It's really nice, it's full of plants and I have made it my job to care for it.  Translation:  I don't let the boys near it because one waters everything until it floats and the other one just doesn't know anything about plants but thinks he knows everything!

Anyway.  There is also a pond with a fountain in the atrium.  We had several power fluctations yesterday, due to the extremely high wind.  The fountain was a victim of a power surge.  Younger boss (the one who thinks he's an expert) found an older fountain piece that came from who knows where, and he put it in the pond today.  Then he left for lunch and I got to deal with the now-working-but-not-working-right fountain.  After getting sprayed numerous times, I finally turned the beastie off and left it for younger boss to deal with.  But I had to deal with the aroma of pond water all afternoon and couldn't get home fast enough.  My jeans are now in the dryer, they were in the washer about .03 seconds after I came in the door - carrying the multiple bags of groceries that I bought on the way home because I'm apparently a glutton for punishment.

Bill built a trellis for Otter a few years ago.  It's between the deck and the rock garden, in the back yard.  Otter has had black-eyed Susans and morning glories there for most of the time.  The last couple of years have not been good ones for morning glories.  Bill wanted to plant honeysuckle there.  So I clipped a few pieces off of the honeysuckle that is growing on the fence between our yard and the (nice) neighbor last summer.  Only one strand survived my attempt to root it over the Fall and being transplanted to a pot and dirt sometime in the "winter" we just had.  It was as ready as it was going to be, for transplanting.  So, since it's (maybe, possibly) going to rain tonight, the honeysuckle got transplanted to the trellis when I got home.  OK, so the jeans didn't get into the washer until .03 seconds after the planting of the honeysuckle.

Otter hopes that the honeysuckle dies.  She wants her morning glories and I have to admit that I'm on her side on this one.  I love honeysuckle, but it usually brings bees and I don't want them right outside my back door.  We'll just have to watch it and see what happens.  Honeysuckle is very hard to kill, but so are morning glories and there was a high mortality rate at the trellis last year.

(No, we are not going to sabotage the honeysuckle).

Otter's a lot better.  I picked her up at school after her classes today and brought her home.  She was pretty tired, as expected.  She spent most of the afternoon being lazy on the couch.  Which is what she was supposed to do.  I think she also had a dog or two keeping her company.  She's still having asthma issues, but that's normal and will probably last a little while.  She is supposed to go to a party Saturday evening, so she's really hoping that the asthma will go back to sleep before then so that she won't have to deal with it while at the party.

Bill didn't see the dentist today.  The dentist herself came down with the flu and her appointments for the next several days have had to be cancelled/rescheduled.  He now goes for two of the three remaining fillings at the end of the month.  While he's not happy that she's sick, I don't think he was too upset about not having to get his teeth drilled on today.  Not that I blame him!

Also, Otter and I have rescheduled the beagle wash for Sunday.  And it just might include a certain coyote we know!  He'll be so pleased (not!).

No comments: