Monday, March 05, 2012

Spring Monday

It feels like Spring today.  Nice, a little cool, sunny and just pleasant.  Birdies are chirping all over the place!  And they are also looking for nesting material, judging by the activity I've seen in the back yard.  Well, they have plenty of yarn to choose from.

Otter's still "flu-ing" but she is better.  She hasn't had measurable fever since sometime this morning.  She's feeling a little better, but still not feeling good.  However, she's at least able to keep food down now.  But she's in the midst of a flu-induced asthma attack, which is what we were expecting but hoping wouldn't happen.  Because of the asthma, Bill wanted me to stay home with her today and he's going to be home with her tomorrow.  By Wednesday, I'm hoping that she'll be able to go back to classes.  If she does go, her classes are only in the morning and I'll go get her when they are over to bring her home, I can schedule my lunch hour for pretty much whenever I want.  She's spent most of the day in bed or on the couch, just resting and dozing.  She had a long shower, the steam helped her breathing.  I also made chicken noodle soup for dinner tonight, which is always good.

I had a lot of help making the soup.  Help in the form of a beagle!  At one point, Maggie Moo scooted her food bowl out of the way and parked herself in it's place.  After being ignored for a few minutes, she decided to lay down and wag her tail so that it kept hitting the cabinet doors.  Sounded like a drum in there for a while.  Frasier was mostly outside, he did come running in when he heard the sound of something hitting his food bowl.

Dogs got their priorities, I guess.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Maggie has good taste. Glad Otter is better. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Maggie is one giant walking appetite!