Monday, March 18, 2013

Day Off

I took today off.  Bill is off this week and Otter was coincidentally off today, although she's run off for the day.  She's gone off with one of her girlfriends, they were at the mall I know because Otter texted me a picture of something she'd bought.  Brat bought the new David Bowie cd!  Yes, I do mean BRAT because I'm jealous. :)

Bill and I ran a couple of errands this morning, including Braums to get lunch to bring home.  We also went to Ace Hardware, which is one of his many Home Away From Home stores.  He bought oil for the lawn mower, big spender I guess.  He also mowed, after lunch.  I put out several pieces of yarn a few days ago, the birds use it for nest building.  I cut it into small pieces, but I like to get it out before he mows because the mower will shred it more and spread it out more.  The birds seem to like it, I've found it in several nests over the last couple of years.

We also went to Hobby Lobby.  I managed to avoid the yarn aisle, but it wasn't easy - Bill's as big an enabler as Otter is!  But the lady ahead of us in the check out line was buying a skein of yarn and a book on teaching yourself to crochet, I talked to her for a while and I hope I encouraged her.  I gave her a few suggestions and also told her about one of the local yarn stores that has lessons.  Always fun to start another yarn addiction!

I did manage to get some crochet in today.  Then I got busy cleaning a pachinko machine background and now my arms hurt.  Especially my right elbow, usually it's the left one.

I've also done a couple of loads of laundry and vacuumed.  Otter vacuumed the living room before she left this morning, but I did the rest of the house - except for her room, that one is her job!  I put a little more potting soil in the plants in the bedroom, which is why I needed to vacuum in there...

The dogs have most spent the day snoozing.  They did go out to play in the backyard for a while.  Actually, there were out there for a long while.  Because I forgot I'd let them out!  Maggie Moo was standing with her nose up against the door, there was no way I could open it to let them in without smooshing her nose but she didn't seem any worse for wear.  Of course, they came in and went right back to sleep as soon as I let them in.  Dog's got their priorities, that's for sure.

Well, the dryer just finished up so I guess I'd better go get it emptied and then I guess I'd better get the laundry put up.  Then I have some ironing to do.

Since Bill and I had Braums for lunch and Otter won't be home for dinner, I'm not making anything spectacular tonight.  Homemade sloppy joes probably.

Even with having to do laundry, it's been an enjoyable day off.  But I'm not looking forward to having to get up at 5:00 tomorrow morning!  Well, at least I won't be along - Otter has to get up early for work also.  :)

No comments: