Friday, March 08, 2013

Margaritaville




It's been a week of Mondays!  Or at least that is what it felt like to me.

Otter probably agrees, seeing how she had to go to the doctor on Wednesday.  She was really tired after work on Tuesday, but she was probably actually coming down with something.  She woke up Wednesday with a very sore throat and almost no voice at all.  I went in to work and she went back to bed, I checked on her a little later (by text) and she said she was feeling worse.  So I came home and tossed her in the car, since I was seriously worried about strep throat.  It's not strep, but it is a strep-like infection and the doctor said that he's seen a lot of it lately.  He told her to stay home and gave her an excuse for work, since she was supposed to work Wednesday afternoon.  She went back to work yesterday with her excuse in hand, but they were ok about it.  She worked late yesterday, she got off at 10:00 p.m.  I took her to work yesterday since she was feeling so cruddy and we knew she'd be exhausted by the time her shift ended.  At 10:00 p.m., she more or less dragged herself to the car and I'm really glad that I was her transportation because I don't honestly think she would have been able to drive herself home.  She took an allergy pill and went to bed, then I left her sleeping when I left for work this morning.  She woke up about 10:30 ish.  She had today off already and she's spent most of it in bed and resting.  She goes in tomorrow, noon to 9:30 p.m. and I'm thinking I'll probably take her then as well.  She is a lot better but not well yet, but she probably did overdo it yesterday but she really needed to be at work.

Of course, I had a hard time getting to sleep myself last night.  But that was probably due to the caffiene I consumed in the form of iced tea and then diet coke with and after dinner.  Otherwise, I'm not sure I would have been able to stay awake until 10:00 either! :)  Also, I've been fighting a sore throat myself for the last day or two.  Well, that is what happens when you drink after your sick daughter!  Although I didn't know it at the time, Tuesday evening when I used her tea cup to get some water.  I have a thing about not eating/drinking after anybody, and I almost never actually do it.  But the one time I do, it comes back to bite me.  OK, I guess I'll go back to not!

Frasier has been tranquilzed the last couple of nights.  I have him 1 1/2 pills two nights in a row and then one last night.  I'm not sure if I'm going to give him a pill tonight or not.

Now, I think I'm going to Margaritaville!  Although I can only use the "good" tequila, because I am apparently allergic to something in the cheap stuff...  (Yes, Otter.  I know that there is a joke in that.)

No comments: