Wednesday, June 05, 2013

Just Wednesday

It's just Wednesday.  Middle of the week.  Nothing spectacular.  But we did have a nice thunderstorm this morning.  Nice as in noisy and lots of rain, but no bad stuff.  Which would explain why my weathertoes were so painful last night.
 
Possible signs of the apocalypse:  We don't want to see the new ST movie.  But we do want to see the new Superman movie!  (What's wrong with this picture?)
 
Otter's off at her friend's house today, she left the house about 11:00.  About 5 minutes after that, the Fed-Ex guy called Bill to let him know that the delivery we expected was on the way - about 6 or 7 hours early!  I ran home at lunch and got there just before the Fed-Ex guy did.  It had to be signed for.  Maggie was funny, she sat where she could see the front door when I had it opened but she couldn't see around me.  She didn't move, but she leaned over as far as she could without falling over, just to see who was at the door.  She was nearly flat!  Frasier was his typical self - he was in Overprotective Mode, which is what usually happens when Bill is not where the dog can see him  especially if Bill's not home at all.  Frasier was very aware of the fact that there was someone here he didn't know, and he pretty much stayed between me and the Fed Ex guy and he (the dog) never took his eyes off the Fed Ex guy.  After the delivery guy left, Frasier very visibly relaxed and then he was his normal lazy self.
 
Strange things today:  I have more bluebonnet buds!  The plant in the whiskey barrel is budding again and they are beginning to bloom.  This never happens, they do NOT re-bloom and they never, ever are still blooming in June.  Ever.  Also, there is a mole in the whiskey barrel.  I was looking at the buds and noticed movement.  I looked closer and saw it emerging, it was still for a minute and then I guess I moved because my shadow crossed it and it zipped back down the hole it came out of.  I squished the hole opening down a bit, and it popped back up a couple of inches away.  I considered catching it, but I had my hands full with my purse, cell phone (I'd just texted a picture to Froggy of the new buds/blooms), and a couple of other things.  Then I realized that I didn't know what I'd do with it if I caught it, seeing as how I was in the front yard and both dogsters were in their yard.  Also, I didn't want to get bitten.  If I freed it, it would have just continued to burrow.  It didn't come back up again, so I squashed the 2nd hole sides in and pushed down what I could see of the raised trail.  Obviously, the whiskey barrel bottom has finally rotted away.  It's been there since I think the first spring after we moved in, so since 2005.  I can't remember if moles are the ones that eat the roots or if that's gophers and moles are the ones that eat the bugs around the roots of plants.  Either way, they kill the plants in the process.
 
I've been watching the new cooking show that has Jeff Foxworthy as one of the judges.  It's so funny.  He's really gifted, he's a Southerner so we have a lot of the same humor.  Bill Engvall is a TEXAN, so we like him better, but Foxworthy is really good.  The cooking is a lot more down to earth and less "frou-frou" as Billyboy would say!  Only problem with tonight's show is that we had a very light dinner and now I'm hungry!
 
Maybe I'll find something to eat after Mythbusters.  We haven't seen too much of the last couple of seasons, we were thinking that maybe they'd done everything possible.  We'll see, I guess.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least fed ex called. They never call here they just show up. I haven't watched myth busters in a long time. Froggy

Anonymous said...

Why don't you want to see the new ST movie?
That doesn't sound like you. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Because it's not Star Trek. It's something that is pretending to be, but it's failing miserably.

Anonymous said...

Kid 1 said he saw ST and that you should see it. Froggy