Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Goosies and Goofies

This is a goose:


This is also a goose:


She is the goosiest, goofiest beagle ever!

This morning, Maggie was acting strange.  Well, she's always strange!  But today she was odd, even for her.  She kept attempting to hide behind Bill or me, she found a spot and curled up behind me and when Bill left for work, she almost went out the door with him.

The reason?



A big, bad fly!
 
She kept following me around, finally when I went into the kitchen I saw two flies and they were both on the ground.  She wasn't afraid of them then, we think that she hears them but when they fly high and she can't see them is when she gets scared.  I got the bug zapper fly swatter and made several attempts, I'm sure the flies were laughing at me the entire time.  I finally got one of them, and I put it in one of the Venus fly-trap leaves.  The plant apparently wasn't hungry, which is when I discovered that the fly was only stunned and not dead.  I know this because it flew off.  By this time, the dog's fine but I love a challenge so I kept at it.  I eventually got the fly again, or maybe his buddy, anyway this time it was dead.  And the flytrap was apparently ready for a meal by this time, because the (same) leaf closed on the fly.  If they are freshly dead, the plant can eat them.
 
What did Maggie do to thank me for vanquishing the big, scary, mean fly?
 
She curled up and took a nap.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is cute. Cookie used to chase and eats bees, wasps, and flies.
She was tired after all the excitement and hiding from the big ad fly so she took a nap.
Froggy