Monday, July 01, 2013

Shark Tales and Ouchie Feet

We're on vacation this week.  We are staying home-ish.  Bill's been working on the pachinko storage project and I'm conscripted labor.  When we get through, the bulk of the machines will be stored neatly (!) in the garage, on a shelf system Bill came up with.  Which will be nice, but the process to get them there is hard work!
 
Otter and I did manage to escape for a few hours today.  Bill went to meet someone who wanted a machine fixed and we ran away while he was gone.  Actually, I told him the other day that we were going somewhere this morning.  We went to a neighboring town that has an aquarium.  They have a wonderful shark display, it has a walk-through area that makes it look like you are walking through an ocean of sharks.  They also have an otter exhibit, which was very popular with my Otter.  We've been before, but the otters are new since our last visit.  Next door to the otters are beavers, and there is also a raccoon.  Not quite sure how a raccoon fits in, but it apparently is happy because it's a fat one.  The aquarium is working on a sea turtle exhibit, which will be wonderful when it finally gets finished.  They do have turtles, lots and lots of turtles, as Froggy can attest because I texted her lots of pictures.  We petted the horseshoe crabs and stingrays.  There's a huge exhibit of assorted jellyfish and a couple of big happy frogs.  We spent a couple of hours there.  Otter took a bunch of pictures, which I will eventually get uploaded so I can post some here.
 
On the way home, we stopped at Domino's and got a pizza to bring home for lunch.  Otter's been having allergy issues so she ate inside, but Bill & I sat on the front porch and had a nice picnic style lunch.  We did that yesterday as well, but it was Braum's.
 
After lunch, I got out in the garage and helped Bill with his project.  It involved a lot of heavy lifting today.  I have ouchie feet, but I did get a decent pair of tennis shoes so they are not as bad as they could be.  I also have assorted ouchie muscles, which I'm going to blame on Bill!
 
Otter has to work tomorrow, but Bill & I are going to be back on the shelf project.  It's a lot of work, but it's going to be really good when it's finished up.  He's also working on shelving in the shed.
 
It's only Monday and I'm already exhausted.  I like hard work, fortunately.

No comments: