Sunday, July 07, 2013

Sunday Cooking

I haven't used a "Sunday" title in a while so I thought it was time.  It is Sunday, after all.  And I have been cooking so I guess it's appropriate. :)
 
I made Beenie Weenie Surprise for Bill.  It's actually for his lunches, there are three containers in the freezer for him.  Along with several containers of my famous Beef-Vegetable Soup.  The soup recipe is on the cooking blog, but I made a slight change to it.  I added a can of Rotel tomatos to it and it turned out wonderful.
 
I also finally got around to looking up my $15.00 Coach bag I got about 3 years ago at a thrift store.  I was pretty sure it was authentic, and I was right.  I'd have kept it anyway, $15.00 for a good quality, suede leather bag is too good a deal not to keep.  But now I know for sure and it is real.
 
Don't remember if I mentioned it or not, but my Mr. Coffee Iced Tea Maker might be going out.  Well, we've had it longer than we've had Otter!  We have used it a lot over the years.  Mom gave it to us, she showed up on our doorstep one day shortly after we'd found out that Otter was on the way.  She brought us a cooked chicken, fruit, ice cream fixins* and the tea maker.  It's still working, but it is taking longer and doesn't quite sound right anymore.  I looked at the new ones at Wallyworld earlier, they are $20.00 and it looks like they've been improved a bit.  It's something we'll replace, but not until we need to.  It's also going to be Sun Tea season shortly, and we'll make that as often as we can.  Kind of like the coffee pot, which will be replaced asap if it ever goes out!
 
Bill finished up the pachinko shelving system this afternoon.  It works well, I'm not even going to begin to explain it except to say that it's two shelves with slots for machines and is holding 18.  There is space for 6 more, which Bill will get situated but it was getting too hot in the garage to work any longer today.  He could probably make another shelf for that many and still have machines in the floor of the garage!

*Fixins:  See the many posts with TEXAS as a label, it's part of our language.

No comments: