Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Limber

We had plans on getting the rest of the limb pile transferred to the front yard today, we were going to do that when we got home.  But the City beat us to it, so there are no limbs in my front yard anymore.   I'm not complaining, by the way.  I wasn't really looking forward to hauling limbs around.  There are still some, but the bulk of what we had was already piled in the yard.  The City will pick up small amounts of limbs in the regular trash pick up, they have to be in 4' bundles and tied up but that's not a problem.  I'll probably get out to the limb pile on Sunday and get some of them ready to go for next Tuesday's trash pick up.
 
There was another hornet in the office today.  Same place as the last one, I got it out the same way but it was bigger.  And I could tell it was definitely a hornet and not a wasp.  We can't find any sign of a nest anywhere.  We think that they might be getting in when the garage door is opened and them coming in through the door from the garage when it gets opened.  We're going to look again tomorrow, but I don't think that they are nesting at the office itself.  Hope not, anyway!
 
Tomorrow is 9 years since we moved into this house.  We usually have a pizza, since that was our first meal here but I think we're going to skip it this time.  Otter's going to her anime convention this weekend, she'll be gone from Friday to Sunday.  Bill and I already have pizza plans for Friday evening.  And we'll probably make chocolate ice cream on Saturday.
 
Froggy, I'm still working on your crocheted "something."  I keep adding more things to the list of stuff to make for you, that's what is taking so long.  I am thinking that one particular item is going to be frogged out partially and redone, since I decided that I'm not happy with the way it turned out.  I know your birthday was Monday, but look at it this way:  you'll have longer to celebrate!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I like the idea of longer birthdays. Kid 2 is taking me out to eat Friday for my birthday.
it is a family tradition to be late on my birthday. haven't received the card. Didn't you mail It last week?
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

No, the card hasn't been mailed. It will be with the "something."