Friday, July 26, 2013

Tired. Friday.

Ate too much!
 
We went to El Chico for dinner tonight.  We seldom actually eat there, we usually just get fajitas to go.  Which isn't often, but the point is that we don't actually eat there very often.  It was good.  We ate too much.  We went to Hobby Lobby after dinner, but we didn't walk too much of the meal off.  :)
 
Anyway.
 
We did get rain early this morning, but not the hard rain that was forecast.  There was a little bit of localized street flooding in parts of Tulsa, but it wasn't nearly as bad as it could have been.  The rain gauge had 1 1/2" in it.  We've probably gotten close to 5" this week.
 
Bill's going to put in another rain barrel for me, actually he's probably going to put two in.  But I'm not sure when he's actually going to have time to.  We could have filled at least a dozen of them, this week.
 
Froggy's, birthday is Monday!  Froggy, I already told you that your card would be late - I'm still working on crocheted "stuff" but I have had no time at all since last Saturday to even think about crochet.  I'm going to remedy that tomorrow, possibly for several hours.
 
Bill mowed the front yard last night.  The back is already beginning to look like it is ready to mow again.  All the rain, I guess.
 
Today's excitement included a hornet.  INSIDE THE OFFICE.  I think it came in when I opened the front door.  I heard something but didn't know what it was, then I realized a few minutes later that what I heard was actually something evil.  Flying right by my head.  It went to one of the windows, it was probably going towards the light like they do.  It was a smaller hornet, but a small hornet is not exactly tiny!  After a little thought because I did NOT want to get stung, I figured that if I could get it to the floor I would be able to throw a paper towel over it and then smash it.  Problem was, it didn't want to go to the floor.  It was happy in the window.  It knew exactly where I was, it would occasionally raise it's wings up if I got closer than it thought I should.  I eventually got a broom and very very very slowly moved the broom until it was close enough that the evilness realized it needed to move.  It very slowly crawled to the corner of the windowsill and then it crawled up on the broom's bristles.  Which is when I carefully took it, broom and all, out to the garage (I'd already opened the door).  I was going to get it to the floor and then step on it, but it decided to fly off and it went right outside the open door.  I didn't see any sign of a nest anywhere, but it had to come from somewhere.  We've killed about 5 yellow jacket nests in the last several days, I sure hope that we don't have to deal with hornets now!
 
I know, this is a rambling post.  But it's been a long week and I am tired.  And overfed!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you had a good meal. I have tried 2 different local restaurants in GT. I have had an upset stomach and felt bad after both. I am through with restaurants in GT.
hornets can nest inside the roof corners. You should check there. Probably somewhere around you is a nest. I am going to work on quilting ufos today and tomorrow.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I'm going to check again on Monday, when I have more time.