Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Weather Update

Bad storms came through Tulsa and surrounding areas overnight.  We were awakened by the power going out shortly after midnight.  I set one of the cell phone alarms to wake us up on time, but we were awake before it went off.
 
We have no power yet, the electric company is saying that it may be "days" until everyone is restored because its so widespread.  Like nearly to the Kansas border!  My office still has power, so I brought my laptop with me.  I also brought Otter with me, she had no desire to stay home in a dark, warm house.
 
Our power lines are buried, but the ones leading to us are not so we sometimes have power outages caused by problems in other areas.  We'll see how long it lasts, in the meantime we are actually ok.  Because the Borg Queen is always prepared.
 
We do have some tree damage, looks like we lost a lot of limbs in the back yard.  Nothing in the front yard, but most of our neighbors seem to have a lot of tree damage both front and back.  The tree limbs are all over my back yard but I could also see limbs that were broken off but were caught in the trees and not down yet.  Bill has been planning on mowing the lawn for 2 or 3 days, but it has rained every time he planned to mow.  Maybe today, although I think he'll probably be busy with tree limbs instead.
 
If the power isn't restored soon to our area, we might not be able to call long distance because of the cell towers.  If they go down, we won't be able to use the cell phones but we still have landline phones at home.  We'll be able to make local calls, just not long distance.
 
The dogs are unaffected, they didn't mind eating in the dark this morning.  They seemed to be happy with the fact that we had the doors open for fresh air, they spent a lot of time going in and out the back door.  Then, they curled up for a nap.
 
They might be on to something!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I see a lot of tree trimming in your future. Froggy