Wednesday, April 23, 2014

It's Cold Around My House

Or, at least I think I just have a "plain, old summer cold."
 
I went to work this morning, although I felt cruddy with a capital C!  I intended to stay, but by 9:30 I knew it was impossible.  I texted Younger Boss, who told me to go home and rest.  I called the Teenager, who insisted that I needed to go to the doctor and get an antibiotic.  I tried to tell him that antibiotics are not given for colds or allergies, but he's "old school" and still thinks that an antibiotic will cure anything and everything.  I did consider going to the doctor, but I decided to go home and rest for a while to see how I felt.  At that point, I was going to take Otter to work.  She had to be there by noon.
 
I relaxed for a while and realized that I was probably just dealing with a cold.  I gave Otter my car keys and told her to take my car, since I wasn't planning on going anywhere.  After she left for work, I made myself lunch and then I parked back on the couch with my book - and two overly attentive dogs.  I decided to lie down about 3:00, I woke up at 4:00 because the cuckoo clock was chiming.  I was on the couch and I had to turn my face towards the back of the couch because Frasier kept checking on my!  I didn't get up until closer to 4:30 when Billyboy got home.  I hadn't spoken since Otter left for work about 11:30 and I almost couldn't talk!  I was very rusty sounding, but that got better after a little practice.  When Otter texted me when she got off work, I asked her to stop for milk and also more Kleenex since I'd gone through almost every box we had.
 
After dinner, turkey burgers and yes MaggieMoo was parked by the stove the entire time, I took a shower and I feel much better.  I still feel cruddy, just less cruddy.  I'm going to spend the evening like I spent the day - taking it easy.  I'm going to try very hard to make the day tomorrow, the Teenager was unable to get to the office today since I wasn't able to get him but one of his grandsons is going to get him for lunch tomorrow and will probably bring him in then.  So all I'll have to do is get him home.
 
I hate summer colds.  I don't like colds at all, but summer colds are the worst.
 
Oh yeah - the hornet (or maybe a wasp) is back on the front porch.  Actually, it's another one since Bill squished the one yesterday.  But this one is building in the same spot.  I did kill the one building a nest at work this morning.  Have I ever mentioned how much I hate those bugs?

No comments: