Sunday, April 27, 2014

Not Getting Much Done Around Here Today

Well, I did get most of the laundry done (not put up, just done) and we did get to the booth with another pachinko machine.  But that is about it.
 
I did tell Bill very clearly that he was NOT allowed to get the cold that Otter had and then I had.  But he didn't listen.  He's still insisting that it's "just allergies" but he's about the most un-allergic person I know of.
 
This about sums it up:


(Shara, I saw this one your blog but I searched it out online and got it there.  I didn't copy it from you but I think it is brilliant and I thank you for the inspiration.)  Otter had a mild headache this morning, she took Tylenol and had some caffeine - and that was all that was needed.  But then she's a girl, so that makes a difference!  :)

I like this one, too:



It is also very appropriate.  And frequently accurate!
 
Also, the actor who portrays the Most Interesting Man is also the only Redshirt who survived.  (Star Trek Reference.)



Well, there is an exception to the Redshirt rule:


 
 
We were going to have our Last Sunday of the Month Family Day but with Billyboy sick, we decided against it.  He was up most of the night last night unable to sleep because of the congestion, otherwise we might have gone ahead and go to the movie (Captain America 2) but we put that off for a while.  We got fajitas at El Chico to bring home instead, so we still had something fun today.  Just not what we planned.  But it was enjoyable.  We didn't make it to Church this morning, either, because of the fact that I'm just at the end of the cold and Bill's just at the beginning.
 
The weather forecast has changed for the day.  We were supposed to get a hard thunderstorm yesterday, it never quite got here.  Then it was supposed to hit last night.  It didn't.  About 9:30 or so this morning, we were going to the booth and take another pachinko machine.  So of course that is when the skies opened!  It was a hard rain, but it didn't last too long.  We eventually did make it to the booth and I think a 2-piece Fenton set might have sold.  We rearranged a bit more, not as much as I think it needs but it'll do for now.
 
The weather chances are still there, late this afternoon is the latest forecast.  But this area is not quite in as much of the danger zone as it was originally.  It looks like east of here and into Arkansas/Missouri could get the bad stuff.  (Sharra, I hope that you and your family are ok.)  But nobody really knows, it's all just a guess anyway.
 
It's been pretty humid today.  It was really bad after this morning's rain.  The sun came out pretty quickly and it got impossible to breathe almost immediately.  Even though it's not really a hot day, we've had the air conditioner on because the humidity is so bad.
 
Otter has her annual lung/asthma recheck tomorrow.  She's had very few problems the last year, even when she had the cold a couple of weeks ago (Thanks for sharing, Otter!) so I expect a good report tomorrow.
 
Froggy - I got some crochet done yesterday.  It's something I'm not going into details about, in case you are wondering.  :)

No comments: