Tuesday, April 08, 2014

Poohbear Day!





It's blustery today.
 
No Tiggers in sight, however.  But you never know, one could be around any corner.
 
In the meantime, the wind is blowing hard.  Otter reported that she was nearly swept off her feet by it when she was walking into Arby's for lunch today.  I know it was certainly an interesting experience driving in it.  But this is NE OK and we usually have windy springs.  Just usually in March, not April!
 
Otter's allergies are better.  She's still suffering with them, but less so.  She worked her full shift yesterday, 8 to 5.  She was absolutely exhausted by the time her shift ended.  She probably should have just called in yesterday, but she managed to make the day.  She basically came home, took a shower and spent the evening curled up in bed with her laptop.  She took a night-time cold pill when she went to bed and she was still kind of groggy this morning, so she asked me to drive her to work.  She got off at 1:00, which is when she walked across the street to Arby's.  She went shopping, Ross is across the street and so is Hobby Lobby.  I met her at Hobby and found some stuff I needed.  We stopped at Wallyworld on the way home, to refill our supply of Kleenex and cough drops!  Otter's staying inside the is evening and will take a night-time allergy pill when she goes to bed.  She wants me to drive her to work tomorrow as well.
 
I didn't get to stay inside, however!  I had chores that involved being outside in the wind so my allergies are kicking in a bit.  Not nearly as bad as Otter's are, at least.  Bill's going to mow the weeds masquerading as our lawn tomorrow after work.  I dragged a few limbs out of the way that had fallen out of the trees in various wind storms and also the pieces of the Rose of Sharon bush that we cut down the other day.  It's one that was here when we moved, Sweetie planted it by the shed.  Well, the shed might have come into existence after the bush was planted.  The last couple of years, it (the bush not the shed!) hasn't bloomed much and last year I trimmed a lot of dead stuff out of it.  I got to looking at it a couple of weeks ago and discovered that most of it was dead to the point of rotting to pieces.  So we went ahead and took it out.  The stump is still there, but it's lifeless.  I don't think I'm going to plant anything else there.  It's kind of an odd spot, being right at the front corner of the shed.
 
We are going to plant honeysuckle and trumpet vines this year, however.  I've been calling around and they are available at one of the nurseries.  I'm not sure when, we might get them this Sunday or I may go pick them up Saturday.  3 honeysuckle and 8 trumpet vines but probably not all the trumpets at once.  There are different varieties of honeysuckle, which I knew.  But the more fragrant and more aggressive climbers (the kind we want) are actually the cheaper ones; apparently most people like them to not be scented and to not climb!  Kind of defeats the purpose of planting a fragrant, climbing vine!!!!  They are available now, the trumpet vines are just coming out of winter dormancy and we can get them now but the nursery said that they might look better in a couple of weeks.
 
We really want the trumpet vines to grow tall and fast.  Especially since I saw the male neighbor behind us trying his hardest to look over the fence and INTO OUR DINING ROOM WINDOW a couple of days ago.  He was extremely obvious, and the way that he jerked back, turned around and more or less ran into his house was also very telling.  We're going to wave, next time.  I'm also going to see about a hanging plant to put in the dining room window.  Nothing heavy, I think Sweetie had them there before and there is a hook there.  Maybe an airplane plant.  The idea is that it will at least break up the field of vision directly into our dining room window.  Bill also said that the bricklayers on the house that straddles between our house and Lovely Neighbor's were spending more time looking over the fence and into our window than they were laying bricks.  It was much nicer when our back side neighbors had 4 feet and said Moo!
 
I finally found a pair of sandles that I can wear.  They fit, work with my stupidtoes, have arch support and are soft enough that my plantar fasciitis isn't aggravated.  I found them at Sears.  I actually found two pair, tried them both on and almost bought the other pair.  But then I looked at the style name.  When I did that, there was no question of which pair I would buy.  The name?  CLARA.  As Froggy said, I had no choice.  (No, that is not my name!)  They probably do fit better than the other pair anyway.
 
Froggy, I am counting the days now.  And getting ready.  And working on projects for you.

No comments: