Sunday, April 20, 2014

Oakies

Not Okies.  OAKies.
 
Oakies as in the oak pollen count is astronomical.  But I could tell that well before I actually looked it up.  I can also tell you when it started getting up there last week.  I'm miserable.  I have been reacting pretty strongly since yesterday morning, but it was building up towards the end of the week.  Last night when I went to bed, I had a sore throat but it was much better when I got up this morning.
 
Then we went to Church and from the second I walked outside, my symptoms multiplied astronomically.  I wish I could take something for it, but no allergy medication EVER works for me.  I'm spending today inside, except for Church and we had to run to Wallyworld for a quick errand.  Bill's tennis shoes literally were falling off his feet in pieces, he finally admitted that he needed new ones so I ran him to Wallyworld the second he admitted it and we found him a pair of shoes.  My eyes are watering, I have a lot of congestion and I'm sneezing.  I'm blowing my nose every few minutes.  I just feel cruddy.
 
We had a quiet Easter, the ham was really good and Bill made his world famous mashed potatos.  Otter made gravy (Yes, Froggy.  It was Pioneer) and I made green bean casserole.  We had apple pie planned for dessert, but Otter was exhausted after work yesterday and a trip to Michael's.  She went to take a short nap and slept for 4 or 5 hours, so the pie didn't get baked.  Not a big deal, we had cake left that she made last week.  The pie and cool whip will be saved for a later date, but probably not too much later!
 
Now, I think I'm going to read my book or possibly the paper.  I haven't gotten to it yet.  I switched our subscription to the paper from daily to weekend, since I never seem to have time to read the daily paper anyway.  The weekend subscription is Thursday - Sunday, so it's not that many days less but at least I don't have to worry about not being able to find time every day.
 
Bill just asked me if the honeysuckle got watered.  Guess I do have to get out again today after all!  (Yes, Froggy.  Bill and Otter will be helping.  But she has allergies too so she doesn't want to be out any longer than she has to either.)

No comments: