Sunday, April 11, 2010

Sunday Advil

Today's installment is brought to you by the wonderful product, Advil. Something I'm on a first name basis with, as far as my knees are concerned. Especially today. Because I finally, finally! got to go on a bike ride. And it was wonderful! I think I'm really going to enjoy my new bike. I've had it since November or thereabouts, so it's probably not really "new" anymore but I've only ridden it twice aside from today - when we went to look at it, and then I took a test ride around the neighborhood when we got it home. Actually, I think it was the next day or a day or two later. But then it became winter and my bike had to be cooped up in the shed, waiting for me and warm weather. Bill replaced the bad brakes, although it still squeaks (loudly) but at least they do what they are meant to do which is stop all motion. After Otter and I got home from running our errands, Bill had gotten the bikes out of the shed and was in the process of airing up the tires for us. So we took a ride. We raised the seat on Otter's bike (again!) and I think mine will probably need to be raised just a little bit, but I'm very pleased. It's a really good ride, it feels like a solid bike and I'm happy with it.

But my knees aren't happy. Which is why this post is titled what it is. It will take a little time, my knees will probably be really unhappy with me for a while but after I've gotten back into the routine and have ridden a few more times, my knees will adjust to the excercise and will be happier. It's the best excercise for bad knees, repetitive motion without a lot of stress on certain parts of the knee and no impact. It's just not going to be fun getting to that point...

Part of the errands Otter and I ran included (big surprise) the library. We both got a lot of books, she probably got more but mine are thicker and we're about even on the amount of book weight.

We also went to an estate sale. It was a lot of fun, and Otter found a couple of things. There was Fenton, but it was overpriced Fenton. So it didn't come home with me. There were a couple of yard sales we were going to, but we never found the first one (we realized later on that we turned the wrong direction at an intersection) and were out of the mood then because the library was waiting. And we couldn't keep the library waiting.

We went to Lowe's and I found some other plants to put in the whiskey barrel. I had 4 Gerbera daisies. Two of them died almost immediately. Two were doing well, but I decided to replace them because the two remaining ones looked kind of lonely. However, when we got home I noticed something. One of the remaining healthy ones is gone. As in somebody took it, the entire plant is gone and it was obviously dug up. Really tacky! It was there this morning, I remember noticing it when we left for Church.
(I decided to drown my sorrows in chicken fajita with an Advil chaser. It was very good, and now I'm stuffed. But my knees are still yelling at me.)

Think I'll go get into my chocolate stash now.

No comments: