Sunday, April 04, 2010

Sunday Peeps (2nd post of the day)

(I didn't want my Easter message to be missed, so it's seperate from this.)

Peeps, as in Easter candy. You know, these:



Wonderful, sugary, sweetness mixed with air! They are probably not all that healthy, but they are better than a lot of things. They are mostly just sugar and air, they are pretty much non-fat and they are just good! And, thanks to Grandpa & Sweetie, Otter now has plenty of them. Which I hope that she'll share with me (hint hint).
It's a lovely day. Sunny & warm, slightly breezy and just nice. Lots of birds about, I heard the woodpecker & a rooster when I was outside getting the paper this morning about 6:00 a.m. We've also seen robins and other assorted feathered creatures.
I planted my Gerbera daisies in the whiskey barrel when we got home from church. I also managed to get my strawberry pot planted and the extra plants are now in the water fountain turned planter.
We went to the early service at Church this morning, there was a special 8:30 service since last year there was an overflow crowd. I wish that we had an 8:30 service every Sunday, but I don't see that happening any time soon. But we did enjoy the service, the music was wonderful and the message was probably one of the best we've heard from Pastor David. My shawl came in very handy, even Otter was huddled under part of it at one point. I noticed that since I've started taking mine, there were several other women who had them. I don't know if it's because they like the idea of a shawl or just because they get cold like I do, but at least one of the women I saw today usually has a jacket on. I think I'm just going to start calling it a prayer shawl, although it's not strictly that.
We went to Sweetie & Grandpa's for Easter lunch. It was wonderful, great food (we ate too much) and we had a really nice visit. Sweetie's birthday is towards the end of the month and we don't know if we'll see her before then or not, so we gave her her birthday present a little early. (See craft blog for pictures and details).
The dogsters got some back yard time while I was planting the strawberry pot. They ran around for a few minutes, then Maggie Moo went and stood by the back door when she was ready to go inside. Frasier followed her, then they came back out the dog door and played some more. They are back inside now, both asleep. Frasier is in his spot in the living room and Maggie Moo is beside me on the floor.
I also discovered that the shed is full of something unpleasant. Yellow jackets. I found that out because I was standing by the shed when Otter opened it to get the shovel and one flew into her forehead. It bounced off of her, no stinger involved, but it was an unpleasant surprise for her. I got the shovel out for her and looked inside, there are quite a few of them in there. They seem to be trapped and can't get out, but they got in somehow. Probably through the vented spot above the window but they can't quite figure out how to get back out so they are smashing into the window repeatedly and getting angry. There is probably a nest in there somewhere. I looked at them from the outside, and one of them was trying to sting the window - I guess since it was the reason he couldn't get out. Bill will take care of the problem soon.
Froggy, I'm rethinking the crochet project I mentioned to you. I haven't given you details yet! I have been thinking about a specific thing I want to make and I'm still going to do it, I just have decided to go a slightly different direction with it. I made a couple of them yesterday and they look good, but I want to try a couple of other things. So it will be a little longer, I'll let you know, before I get "it" sent on the way to you. But it's the reason I asked you for your favorite color. I wanted to get Sweetie's present finished up first, but I've had it in mind for several weeks.
Movie Review: We saw Planet 51 yesterday. It was cute, funnier than we expected. It was a little predictible but it was good. We weren't expecting much so we were pleasantly surprised.
OK, Maggie Moo is awake now. She was just looking out the window, but now she's wandered off with her nose to the ground. No idea what she thinks she smells, but she's probably gone to one of two places: 1) to instigate war with Frasier or 2) to Otter's bed for another nap. I'm leaning towards choice # 2!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Smart dogs. I didn't buy any candy this year.
Our church has the 2 services. The early one is a contemporary one that I enjoy very much. Today I went to the traditional later one. It was good. The only thing different between the 2 services is the music.
Give me more hints on the new project. I have no idea what you are making.
The shed-is it yellow jackets or hornets?
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

The bug in the shed is yellow jackets. We had a couple of hornets last year, but we don't normally have them.
The new project involves yarn and a crochet hook. Is that enough hints yet?

Anonymous said...

No, that is not enough hints.
Froggy