Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Wednesday!

I have two more Fenton pieces to add to my ever-growing collection, but I still haven't gotten pictures! I had planned on taking pictures of them as well as yesterday's addition, but life got in the way so I haven't gotten the pictures yet. Today's finds are from a thrift store, which is about the best place to find cheap Fenton.

Today's Life Intrusion moment is because we got a new ceiling fan for the living room. It's bigger than the one we had before. 5 blades instead of 4, also. We had to go to Bill's other home, also known as Lowe's, to get a few things so he could hang it. But, for once, we didn't have to make multiple trips! This is a first, we usually have to make at least two trips (and usually more) when Bill has projects but not the tools, etc., that it requires. The living room has a vaulted ceiling, and Bill decided that he wanted to lower the fan slightly so he also had to buy an extended pole to hang it on.

I would much rather have spent the evening at home, playing with my Fenton or crocheting, but instead I spent quite a while holding the ladder still while the Engineer was up on it with assorted tools (some of them powered), working on something that he could just barely reach over his head. It was a little nerve-wracking, but that's normal life with Billyboy! :)
While we were at Lowe's, we also cruised the paint aisle and got several paint chips. We have a very big project coming up this summer, one that was put off from last summer because of the rent house. We get to paint the outside of the house. Which means Bill gets to be up the ladder again! And so do I. And so does Otter. The house is rock, sandstone to be exact, but there are lots of places that are wood and they are in need of repainting. I'm not sure how long it's been since it was painted, we've been here just under 6 years so I'm guessing it's a couple of years more than that. It's held up well, but it's time to repaint. It was originally a really nice tan color with a darker brown accent color and it looked great. But now that the roof is slightly lighter, we've realized something: our house is pink! The tan has lightened up over the years and the roof is light enough that it looks pink in just about every light. The pink isn't why we're repainting, it really does need it. But it won't be repainted pink. We'll probably go with a tan & darker brown color, similar to what it was originally. I found some really pretty brown colors - they are all named versions of chocolate! Also, there is another one that I like a lot - coffee! Coffee & chocolate, add in some Fenton and some crochet and I'm in heaven! :)
And, as Otter will confirm, I'm not good with colors. I can tell the difference, it's not that I'm color-blind. It's just that I can't tell which ones go well together and sometimes I can't really tell the difference between colors in the same shade. As in brown, light brown, nutmeg and all the other assorted names for brown shades will pretty much look the same to me. There is a reason I tend to wear all one color, or everything with black or white! Otter wants to know what I'm going to do when she's moved out of the house, I don't think she thinks I'll be able to dress myself without her help. She might be right.

It was a fun day at work today. My younger boss's son brought in his 8 week old baby boy. So I spent a couple of hours playing with a baby! Then I had to come home and immediately get in the shower as well as run a load of laundry because, well, babies leak! In many ways. But it was a "been there, done that" situation, so I wasn't upset about it. Besides, the baby was cute!

Frasier is due for his rabies shot, so I set an appointment up with the vet for Monday afternoon. Maggie Moo is also going along on this trip, to get her rear end squished.

Tonight could be in the high 30's. Springtime in Oklahoma!

No comments: