Sunday, April 25, 2010

Sunday Ice Cream

I think we're going to make some in a few minutes, so it seemed like an appropriate title!

Relax, it's fat-free. We use fat-free Half & Half in place of cream and fat-free milk. There is sugar, so it's not totally healthy. But it's a lot better than most ice cream and it tastes pretty good. Very good, in fact. Probably just vanilla this time, sometimes we make strawberry. But since we use strawberry milk, it's low fat but not fat free. However, we also use fresh strawberries in it. We tried pineapple in it one time, it was ok but the fruit kept getting stuck in the blender bar part of the machine.

I'm making myself hungry!

One of Otter's friends spent the night at our house last night. The girls had a good time, I'm not sure what time they went to bed but it was after midnight. Which was fine, they were warned that we would be getting them up at 8:00 for church this morning no matter what time they went to bed. The didn't exactly want to get up, but they did and we made it to church. We got there with just a couple of minutes to spare, but that was because we went to the post office to clear the box on the way and not because of the girls.

After church, we went to a thrift store. Nobody found anything, but it was still fun to take the girls shopping. I also hit a couple of thrift stores on my lunch hour last week and found a few things, but nothing spectacular. One thing I found is a very cute pair of slipper socks for Otter - monkeys. I guess you could still call them Sock Monkeys!

It was a busy week. We had quite a bit of rain, I think it was Friday morning, but no bad weather in our area. There was some heavy weather expected Thursday evening but the storm never got here. However, it did go north and I think it was the same storm system that spawned the really bad stuff in the Denver area.

The craft blog has a new post, about pillows I've made recently.

I didn't get much crochet time in last week, there were just a lot of things that kept me from it. But I did manage to do some yesterday and I've gotten a lot done today on a specific project. Which will eventually make it to the craft blog but is NOT the project for Froggy!

Let's see, what else happened last week. Obviously, it wasn't a very exciting week because I can't really think of anything.
Movie review: Avatar. It was Bill's turn to pick the movie for Saturday and that's what he chose. We really didn't expect to be able to get it, but the video store still had a couple of copies left on Friday afternoon. It was ok, but I wasn't that impressed. I know that I'm probably in the minority here, but I would have been extremely disappointed if we'd paid full theater price for this one. It was extremely, extremely predictible and not very original. And I can certainly see why the conservatives (of which we are a part) say it has an agenda. It does, and it is a very obvious one. But aside from that, it was ok. I did enjoy it to an extent and the special effects were very good. The soundtrack was not original, either, but the music was good. I think that Otter wants to buy it, so it will probably be part of our collection in the near future. Bill's second choice was Men Who Stare at Goats, so I probably shouldn't complain (too) much!
Well, I think it's time to go play with the dogs. Maggie keeps nose-bumping me, which means that she wants my attention. She was following Bill around, but he's apparently lost his shadow because she's now in here pestering me. Maggie was kicked out of Otter's room sometime early this morning, I think around 2:00 a.m., because that's what time Bill heard her (Maggie not Otter!) sitting outside of our room, whining. Guess they didn't appreciate a noisy, cold-nosed beagle!

No comments: