Thursday, April 15, 2010

Today!

Today is April 15. Tax Day. Tea Party Day (you already know which side of the aisle I'm on for this, right?) Thursday.

And, it's also International High Five Day. So go High Five somebody, hopefully you won't get left hanging!

It's been a long, hard week and I'm very glad that it's nearly over. Sabbath can not get her fast enough. I am in desperate need of several hours of uninterruped crochet and/or reading time. Oh, also nap time sounds really good.
Frasier probably agrees with that last statement, he's parked in the floor beside me and is currently doing his pedicure but that's generally the last activity before he puts his head down on the floor and starts snoozing.
Nevermind, he just got up and left the room. Probably to go to his spot in the living room and nap there. Dog's got his priorities.
I took Otter to a local park yesterday. Froggy - the one where we fed the squirrels and walked around the stream. The azaleas are blooming and it was just beautiful! There were lots and lots of people, a few dogs (on leash only at this place) and billions of kids. Kids of all ages, there was also a senior center that had a field trip and they seemed to be having as much fun as the kids that were there. We contributed to the welfare of several squirrels and they followed us for a while. They are very used to people, and they are tame enough to take peanuts out of our hands. We're careful about it. There were a lot of birds, they tend to congregate where people are feeding the squirrels because they get fed that way, too. No tadpoles yet, it's a little early for them. Surprisingly, my knee wasn't too bad. The ground is very uneven but I managed to walk the stream area without too much difficulty. Of course, my allergies were "full speed ahead" and I was itchy for hours afterwards. But it was worth it! Nana, this is the same park where we took Otter when she was young and you took pictures - which you then turned into a painting of her sitting in front of some of the azaleas. We try to go several times a year, but I don't think we made it more than once last year - Froggy, when you were hear and the squirrels weren't very hungry (for once).
I have ridden my bike twice this week, Sunday and Tuesday. I would have ridden it today, but I didn't have enough time this evening. It might be rainy the next couple of days, so I'm not sure when I'll get back on it but soon. My knees were not happy with me yesterday, the day after a bike ride, which is why it was so surprising that I didn't have problems at the park.
Froggy, I haven't forgotten about the crochet project I have in mind for you. I think I've narrowed it down to how I want to do it (which pattern/stitch I want to use). I'm thinking that Saturday is when I'll see how it works. I'll keep you posted.

No comments: