Wednesday, June 02, 2010

Oops! Yesterday was Tuesday! Not Monday. Also Dog & Frog Tales

I just realized that I titled yesterday's post Monday when it was actually Tuesday.  I guess I thought it was Monday, because Monday was a day off from work.  And yesterday certainly felt like a Monday & a Tuesday rolled into one.  Today, I know it's Wednesday.

Although I might not remember tomorrow.  I went to the grocery store today, which I usually try to do about Thursday because Friday at the grocery store is just crazy.  This week, I went on Wednesday and it was nice & uncrowded.

Dog & Frog Tales:  Actually, dog nose is more appropriate.  (Play on the word tails).  I was going to work on Otter's crochet dachsund last night.  I decided to pull out one row, the nose is a reddish color and the rest of the body is black.  I didn't like the way the first row of black (which is the snout) looked, so I pulled it out.  But I yanked too hard and pulled out a couple of rows of reddish yarn as well.  At that point, I just gave up entirely and frogged the entire thing!  Then I re-did it this morning, using the slightly larger hook that I prefer and it was much easier than the first time around with the smaller hook.  The yarn is worsted weight, which is a pretty common size, but the recommended hook was supposed to be a hook that is usually used with smaller gauge yarn and it was difficult.  The nose I made this morning is not much bigger than it originally was, hardly bigger at all.  The slightly larger hook isn't going to make that much of a difference so I'm going to make the entire dog with my usual hook and it will be much easier.  I did a few rows on the snout as well as the nose, I'm at the point where I have to stuff it before I go any further.  This is one of those patterns that needs to be stuffed as it's being made, because it's got long & skinny areas.  So, even though it was an accident it turned out well and I'm actually glad of the accidental frogging!

I just posted Otter's cupcake recipe on the cooking blog.  Check it out, they are very good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Today seems like Monday. Hubby went to work today after being sick all week. How is my project coming? I am working on yours.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Your project is plural. And THEY are coming along nicely.