Friday, June 18, 2010

We Have Dishpan Hands!

Well, to be precise I should probably say that we have bathtub hands.

And two clean & slightly damp doggies!

Frasier is still refusing to look at me, I think he's waiting for his dignity to come back.  He just doesn't seem to appreciate being dunked in a tub of water.  Or maybe it was the mohawk that Otter gave him when his head was wet?  Or it could be the fact that I had to drag/carry him to the tub and then it took me two or three tries to get all of him inside the tub at the same time.  That is where Otter realized that she should have been filimg it!

Maggie Moo, on the other hand, never had any dignity and she doesn't care.  She didn't particularly like the bath experience, but she was nutso afterwards.  She was playful and crazy, she really enjoyed the drying off process.  Then she proceeded to tear around the living room at full speed, and she was really happy that I took another towel to her.  She loves the toweling process, just not the part that leads up to it.

Well, now at least they smell better.  And their blankets got washed today, too.  Poor Frasier, he just can't win for losing.  First, his blankets get de-stinked and then he gets it!

And Otter gets to go shopping next week.  For a new drinking glass for her bathroom, because she was using it to rinse the tub out after she got through scrubbing it out with comet after the dog wash.  Now I have several bright green pieces of glass for my eventualoneofthesedaysmaybeI'llgetaroundtomakingit mosaic project.

I guess that makes it a win/win day for everyone! :)

Bill has been enjoying his birthday all day long.  He has had several hours of uninterruped play time with his pachinko machines.  I already gave him money to buy more pachinko or whatever stuff, Otter gave him two dvd's this morning and then I stopped at our favorite bbq place to get dinner to bring home.  The bbq place is called Wild Bill's, which is appropriate and it's also very good food.  Later, we'll get into his birthday pie which is now in the freezer in the kitchen as opposed to the deep-freeze in the garage.  He actually managed to NOT find any of his presents OR his pie this year.  That almost never happens.  Maybe I should just let Otter be in charge of hiding his stuff every year.

And now, I think it's time for pie.

No comments: