Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Whew! Wednesday

I know, I haven't posted much this week.  It's just been kind of crazy.  Lots of stuff going on, but nothing spectacular.  Just lots and lots of it.

We had rain Monday.  A lot of it.  We had a short rain today, but there was a lot of it.  It was windy!  Both days, Otter and I were out in it.  Not by choice, just by timing.

When I was a kid in S. TEXAS, we got "good rains" so rarely that when it rained we were usually out in it.  Playing in it.  Until Mom figured out where we were and made us come inside!  Monday, Otter went to work with me - I was more or less ordered to bring her in by my older boss because he hasn't seen her lately - and the skies opened up just as we were leaving for lunch.  We both had umbrellas and we both were soaked.  We probably could have just skipped the umbrellas entirely, they didn't do much good.  There were some areas with street flooding and the Oklahoma City area was really hit bad.

Today's rain started just before we got to the grocery store.  I dropped Otter off at the door and went to park.  When I got out of the car, I basically just had to hold the umbrella at a slight angle because the wind was making the rain sideways.  It quit by the time we got through, but the store we were at offers drive-up service in a covered area so we would still have been able to get the trunk loaded without getting wet.  But getting it unloaded would have been another matter!  But it was through before we were, however it's now getting very humid.  To the point that I can't breathe outside!  Humidity is not a big trigger for Otter, but it's even bothering her now because it's so bad.

So we're inside with the a/c cranked pretty low.  I had the a/c in the car on high, we were getting cold but at least we could breathe!

Billyboy's birthday is Friday!

No comments: