Friday, June 04, 2010

Today Is




International Donut Day!

I hardly ever eat donuts, they are simply not allowed for me.  They are loaded with all sorts of bad things, including a boatload of trans-fat.  So I have to skip them.

However, today is Donut Day and many places are giving away free donuts.  Krispy Kreme (I abhor deliberate mis-spelled words!) is participating.  We're not too crazy about their donuts, they are not really any different from most other donuts.  But it was worth it to stop today, for a freebie.  I ran Otter by this afternoon and we each got a free one.  Hers was pretty much gone before we got out of the parking lot!  Mine made it home, in the box with the other three I bought and I'm donating it to William.  He and Otter can each have two.

Donut Day originally was a day to recognize the Salvation Army, because they are "always there" as their slogan says and they take care of our troops.  The Salvation Army is a wonderful organization.

It's also Friday and we're very glad about that.

I picked up Otter at home this afternoon, then we went to the library.  Where we paid about $7.00 in fines, turned in an overflowing paper grocery bag of books and got more than we could easily carry.  But that's about normal for us.  We also went to the aforementioned donut place, and the dollar store.

And now, my feet hurt and I'm glad to be home.  I'm heading for the kitchen in a few minutes, steak for dinner tonight.  I'm suddenly starving!  Maybe I should have eaten that donut?  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Krispy Kremes are disgusting. Dunkin Donuts are the great ones. I don't eat them often because of all the fat.
Kid3 went to the library for me and picked up my 7 books that were reserved. We had blueberry pancakes for supper. They were good.
We will probably have 7 layer dip sometime in the next few days.
Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I'm not impressed with Krispy Kreme either, but Otter and Bill wanted them so they were worth the cost - free. I bought a couple of other ones because Bill is like our dad when it comes to having a sweet tooth. We don't have Dunkin Donuts here, which is a bad thing because they are very good.
Blueberry pancakes sound good, but Otter's allergic to blueberries. 7 layer dip also sounds good, I might have to make it soon.