Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Just Some Monday Randomness

No, Otter did not come up with the title!  But she did inspire it.

She's pretty happy today.  The new Alice in Wonderland movie hit the stores today.  She's now the proud owner of a blu-ray disc, which I picked up for her on my lunch hour today.  I came in the door about 3:05, and it was in the player and turned on about 3:05:30.  I saw most of it, it's actually pretty good.  Of course, she wouldn't care if it was horrible!

Otter also made cupcakes today, she's found a recipe that she really likes and has made them a couple of times.  Today, she added green food coloring to the batter.  They look strange, but they taste great.  They have lavender icing.  She hasn't had any luck finding a summer job yet, and I'm thinking that she's probably not going to at this point.  I know she wanted one, but this is probably her last summer to just do whatever and I want her to enjoy it.

Today was crazy at work, which I expected.  But at least it's a shorter work week this week!  Also, next week will be shorter.  Otter and I have doctor & dental appointments set up for Monday.  I figured it was easiest to get it all over with at once.  I just hope that I have everything spaced out enough timewise so that we can be everywhere we need to be when we need to be.  Also, there is a fairly large bookstore by the dentist's office that we don't go to often because it's kind of far from home.  It will be our first stop post dental appointments.

I am not going to get extremely political at the moment - but that may not last, so consider yourself warned - but I would like to say something regarding the current crisis involving Israel.  See that banner that has now been moved to the top of the page?  We as a family mean it.  We support Israel 100%.  As in many cases, Israel is simply defending itself.  Israel has to stay strong.  Israel can not afford to weaken, especially not now.  They need our prayers.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

the cupcakes sound great. Kid3 made chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese icing. Yum. We also made family recipe cookies-some with and some without chocolate chips. I like them all. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

I'll probably post the cupcake recipe on the cooking blog. It's fairly easy and very good.

Anonymous said...

Otter probably would have done better naming this one. I didn't even notice that you listed Monday when it was really Tuesday.
Froggy