Thursday, June 17, 2010

Weapons Grade Plutonium?

No, just onions.

I just put a bunch of onions in the freezer.  I bought a large bag at the store last night, and quite a few of them are now chopped up and in a ziploc.  The process of getting them there was dicey.  My eyes might recover in a few hours, not sure if my sense of taste or smell will return anytime soon however!

I also chopped up several bell peppers to freeze, but they are easy and non-lethal.  Unlike the onions!  Good thing we like them.

Frasier is having a smart moment, he's steering clear of the kitchen.  It's still pretty heavy in the air in there.

Anyway.

Toadles, I emailed you a question.  You never answered me.  Froggy took it upon herself to call you, since she knew that decades would pass before you get around to a)  checking your email, b) asking your lovely wife the question since it was for her and c) getting around to answering me!  So now I know what I wanted to know, but you are still not relieved of the duty of emailing me.

This is the last day for 6 months that I'll be married to someone the same age.  Tomorrow starts the 6-month period when we are married to older/younger spouses.  Bill has a lot of fun with that joke, he likes to tell people that he's married to a younger woman.  Of course, it's only 6 months younger...

Oh well.  Let him have his fun I guess!

Froggy, you already know what I got for Bill's birthday dessert.  It's not cake this year, but it is sweet & good.  And frozen!  And from Braum's.  It is currently hidden in the freezer, but it's only a matter of time until he finds it.  He always finds things.  He's just gifted.  He doesn't even have to be looking for the specific item, but 99% of the time he'll find it because he'll be looking for something else which just happens to be where the item is hidden.  One year, I hid his present in the trunk of my car - a place he really never had any reason to go.  And then he needed a tool that we kept there, which he hardly ever needed but really did have to have.  I put his present in the chest of drawers in the guest room one time - guess where he stored something that he needed right before his birthday?  If you guessed in the chest of drawers and in the specific drawer, you'd be right.  The thing is, he's really not looking for his presents.  So now Otter is in charge of hiding his gifts.  It seems to be working better, but it's just a matter of time until he needs something and it's in that spot.

Otter's been working on a craft project.  She and BF are going to an Anime gathering this weekend.  They are going in costume.  She's in charge of the costume.  It won't be really detailed, but it will involve the wearing of tails and ears.  Pictures will most likely be posted on the craft blog.  Hope BF is good natured about it!  Well, Otter's imaginative and she's a crafter so it stands to reason that she'll use both of those attributes frequently. :)

She is her Mother's/Father's Daughter, after all.  Like Mom used to say, The Apple Don't Fall Far From The Tree!  (Froggy, remember hearing that?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

From the title I thought you were talking about pony beans. I put up many peaches. I bought about a bushel,but I had people eating them as they got cut up so I don't know how many I actually put in the freezer. I will be making a peach cobbler around the 4th of July from this years peach crop. I know it won't last long. They do go very fast here.
Kid3 is doing a lot of sewing-purses, totes, me a birdwatcher bag, skirt, dress, etc. I am working on ufo's. One is a quilt I started way before I was married. It will be finished this year. 1 project I can't tell you about.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BILL
Froggy