Sunday, June 20, 2010

Sunday Kitties

Today's title is inspired by the costumes that Otter made for the anime convention she and BF went to yesterday and today.  Just ears & tails, but it was still cute.  BF was good-natured about it, he wore the ears all day long.  He still had them on when he brought her home last night and I think she did a good job on them.  Otter also wore her kitty shoes yesterday, they are black shoes with kitty faces at the front.  Really cute, she got a lot of compliments and someone even took pictures of them.  Which made her day.  Today's costume was easier, she went Steampunk and didn't have to make anything for it.  She already had the pieces and clothing that worked well, so she just had to put it all on.  She came home with a boatload of stuff she bought.

This has been a busy week, and it seems like it's gone fast.  At the same time, it seems like last weekend was months ago.  I'm not sure why, it's just been a normal week - as if anything ever is really normal around my house!

Among other things, I got into my stash yesterday.  I have a lot of yarn, but after seeing pictures other other fiber artist's stashes on a forum I belong to, I realized that my stash is actually fairly small.  But I'm not going to add to it at the moment, I'm making a determined effort to use some of the yarn that I have had for a while.  And I actually cleaned out a little bit of it.  I had some boucle yarn that I bought a while back at a thrift store, because I had been wanting to try it but refused to pay the price for it.  It is not cheap!  But I found two skeins for 99 cents each, so it was worth it.  They had two skeins and I bought them both, because $1.98 for both is still a steal and I knew that if I didn't get them both I would regret it.  I tried a few things yesterday and then decided that it's just not yarn I want to use.  It would probably work better for knitting.  So I put both of them in my donate pile, they'll go back to the thrift store they came from and will probably be grabbed up quickly because they are normally high-priced yarn.
Bill just came home with another pachinko machine.  This one popped up on Craigslist just now.  It was about 5 miles away and now it's sitting in the living room.  I can hear the bell sound it makes, so I know it works.  He's a happy boy!

I think Frasier has forgiven me for the bath.  When he was all dry, he look like he'd been fluffed up.  I took him out on the deck yesterday afternoon and brushed him out.  Which he loved, by the way.  But now it looks like a tribble invasion out there.  Maggie kept getting in the way so that I would brush her.  She isn't nearly as furry as BigDog, but she does shed a little bit in warmer weather.

Tomorrow is the first day of Summer.  The first official day anyway.  It's been summer here for a while.  A Heat Advisory was issued for this weekend.  It's fairly warm, I'm not disputing that.  But it's been warmer before without Advisories being issued.  But it is humid, and that has been a problem for me.  I don't necessarily like extreme heat, but being from S. TEXAS I can put up with it.  I just don't like the humidity because it is an asthma trigger for me.  So I haven't gotten much outside time the last few days, which is never a good thing.  I like my outside time!

For Father's Day, I made Bill weiner wraps.  They are easy, they consist of a package of hot dogs and canned biscuits.  They were pretty good, I was bad and had a couple.  I've been extra good the last several days so that I could eat some.  But they would have been better with mustard.  The mustard jar had an accident on the way to the table.  It met the ceramic tile floor in the kitchen.  It was a mess!  But even without mustard, the meal was still good.  I had to clean mustard off of my leather sandles and it took a while to get all the mustard & glass off of the floor.  The dogs stayed out of the way, for once.  But after we ate and were sitting on the couch, Maggie kept coming up to me and sniffing my shoes.  Otter gave him a t-shirt.  It says "# 1 Dad" on the front of it and the lettering looks like it's made from duct tape.  It's cute.  And it's appropriate, considering that duct tape is the Engineer's Secret Weapon.

Now, it's time to go get into the cupcakes we got for Father's Day!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We call them pigs in the blanket.
I haven't had one in ages. I may make them in the next few days. Froggy

Otter Mom said...

Mom always made Pigs in a Blanket with breakfast sausage links. They were pretty good.