Thursday, July 07, 2011

Frasier's Shot & Maggie's Squashed!

As in Rabies shot and rear glands cleaned out, respectively.

I realized yesterday that I'd forgotten about taking the poochsters in to the vet last week, I had intended to get an appointment for them while we were on vacation but it completely slipped my mind.  I called yesterday and they had an appointment at 3:30 today.  Basically, every time we have to take either dog in for any reason at all, Maggie gets a butt squish.  She doesn't like it, but it's necessary.

They were crazed when I was putting my shoes on, I think that they knew they were going to go for a ride.  "Ride" is one of those words that they recognize, but we hadn't even said it yet.  But they still knew.  They get loaded into the car on the driver's side, into the back seat.  Maggie immediately gets in the middle where the seats are split in front and sits there like a figurehead on a ship, and Frasier immediately sprawls out across the back seat.  Those two places seem to be their assigned seats, because that's what they always do.  Maggie was happy, she was leaning on Otter most of the way and I could tell when the beagle realized we might be heading towards the vet.  As soon as we turned into the parking lot, she looked away and would not look at either of us.  Frasier is much easier, he doesn't seem to mind the vet's office.  Probably because he knows that there is a treat waiting for him after whatever he's there for.  Frasier was first, he got his rabies shot and his treat and was happy to go into the room with the tech and happy to come back to us. Maggie, on the other hand...  Well, the tech got to play "Drag the Beagle" and that also included redirecting the beagle away from the front door because she would much rather have gone through that door instead of into the exam room.  It didn't take too long, then we got them loaded into the car and home again.  Maggie was perking up more and more, the closer we got to the house.  They were so happy to be home, but that might be because I gave them their heartworm pills and they always think that's a treat.  And we're not telling them any different!  (However, Maggie did drool on everything she could on the way home.  Including my Coach bag!).

After we got home, we got the car loaded with stuff to take to the recycling center tomorrow.  The trunk is full.  It's amazing just how much stuff there is that we use on a daily basis and is recyclable, I'm always amazed at how fast our bins fill up.  We don't actually have much trash any more, but I'm not complaining about that.  The city we live in gives residents 200 trash bags per year.  We never use them all up.  Well, they do get used but it's for other things than trash.  Even still, we almost always have at least a quarter to a third left and sometimes more.

I'm not sure about the Robin's nest in the redbud tree.  I did think that she was going to use the nest, but I haven't seen her lately.  They will often build more than one nest, I guess they go until they get it right.  But I'm not positive, yet.  She could still be there.  We'll just watch and see.

Meanwhile, it's still S. TEXAS summer.  Hot, hot and more hot.

At least the humidity is a little better.

No comments: