Sunday, July 10, 2011

Sunday Lazies

Today's title is inspired by the two dogs that live in our house!  I'm not sure which one is lazier, by the way.  The do occasionally get up, but most of their time has been spent snoozing.  Which is probably a good idea, since we are still having S. TEXAS summer.

Otter and I had a couple of errands to run today.  We were on our way to Michael's when Bill called, because he'd seen an ad for a yard sale today and it had a pachinko machine.  We will take any excuse to go to a yard sale, so we ran right over there.  The pachinko was the only thing we actually bought, but it was still fun to go.

We did eventually make it to Michael's, and Otter found what she was looking for.  Next stop was the book store and she found something there as well.  I didn't, but I wasn't really looking.

I posted a new entry on the cooking blog just now.  It was actually yesterday's dinner, I keep finding recipes that we use but I've never put on the blog.

I spent part of yesterday crocheting, and I finished up Otter's hat that matches the scarf I made her while we were on vacation.  It's made with the same type of yarn that I made a hat/scarf for myself out of, mine was the yarn I found in SA with Froggy.  The yarn is a bigger weight (size) than "standard" yarn, and the hat was a little too big.  The pattern calls for a specific size hook, which is a little larger than the one I prefer.  I made Otter's hat with my normal hook, and it made the hat the right size.  Hook size will affect the size of the stitches.  So I got my hat out and compared it, then I frogged the entire thing and am going to re-make it with the smaller hook.  I'd worn it a couple of times, but it was just loose enough that I was afraid it would come off.  Marble Scarff with James Brett Yarn That's the scarf, I don't thnk I ever took a picture of the hat but it's the standard cap I make:  Basic Crochet Cap.
I didn't spend the entire day crocheting.  I did read a lot as well.  We also watched a movie, The Gaurdians of Ga'Hoole.  It's based on a book that was intended for younger teens and Otter read it a few years back.  It was Bill's turn to pick the movie, and that's the one he wanted.  It was ok, Otter reports that the story in the movie is pretty different from the book but the animation was very good.  My turn next week.  I already know what it's going to be.  Rango is being released to blu-ray/dvd on Friday!

Also, there are two other movies that are being released to the theater that we are going to see.  Both are opening on Friday.  One of them we'll see on Sunday.  We've already got the tickets.  It's expected to be a blockbuster, since it's the final Harry Potter movie.  The 2nd one is one that we'll see the week after, and will take one of Otter's friends:  Winnie the Pooh!  Because you are never, ever too old for Winnie the Pooh!

No comments: