Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Chickens Have Not Quite All Come Home to Roost Yet!

I just re-read yesterday's post.  Most of my chickens have come back to where they belong, but there are still a few stray ones out there.  I did notice that I referred to HP as BF, BF was the previous boyfriend and frankly, we're all glad he's out of the picture.  But I guess I forgot what abbreviation I use for HP.  From here on out, I'll try to remember to say HP and not BF!  But, if I do slip and say BF please realize that I mean HP.

Some of the chickens are still running around as far as work goes.  I got a lot done today, but it was another day of dealing with the 95-year old teenager and progress has a tendency to stop at those times.

Otter is offically done with her first semester.  She had her last Final today, she said it was easy.  She wanted to stay at school today after the test, she got to spend several hours involved in serious Girl Talk with one of her friends.  So I picked her up when I got off work, and we went to run a couple of errands.

We went to the library, which means arm loads of books.  Then we went to Target and realized that we probably should have just skipped it.  Total waste of time!  I think that we've probably had that experience almost every time we've gone lately.  I did find a pair of boots that I really liked, and I need some desperately - some that have actual tread on the soles so I don't break something on the ice this winter.  But they didn't work with my stupidtoes.  I have to wear a size to a size and a half bigger, because of my stupidtoes which are not to be confused with my stupidleftknee.  I didn't buy the boots, because the bigger size was too big and my feet slid around but the actual size I really should wear hit wrong on my foot.

The stupidtoes came about because I once tried to put the couch into orbit with my foot.  It was the couch's fault!  The stupidtoes keep me from wearing all sorts of shoes, because of where the shoe "bends" as I walk - when I kicked the couch, the toes weren't the only things to break.  (This is the same couch that also tried to kill Bill, starting with the toes.)  (We don't have that couch anymore, by the way).
Anyway, I refer to them as my weather toes at times and they have been living up to that name a lot lately, but today they are just stupidtoes.  I guess I'm going to have to hit the Army Surplus store and get some combat boots.  Otter has a pair that her Grandpa gave her and she wears them very often.  Especially in the winter when it's icy.  I have seen them at the Army Surplus store but they didn't have my size the last time we were there.

We might be back there soon, Otter's bag that she's used for over 3 years to carry school books in split down the side Friday.  We got it, as well as her camo backpack, there and I think that we'll probably look there for a replacement.  She's got a few weeks off, so we're in no hurry but will get there before she starts school again.

And, with any luck, I'll find a pair of boots there and they'll work with my stupidtoes!  And also with my stupidleftknee.  The stupidtoes are on my right side, the stupidleftknee is (obviously) on my left side.  Which makes life really fun at times!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I went to Target this week and also did not find anything. I very seldom go there.
I know what you mean about having a hard time finding shoes. I have 4 pair that I can wear since I shattered my ankle. They are all closed in and they make me feel like my feet are stuck. I hate them. But they are the only ones that I can wear. Froggy